• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deepitm

Reaction score

It isn't that big of a deal, I just don't shop at Mr Porter because of it.

I agree. I shop there substantially less as a result of the fact that I am not a "founding member" and I have actually complained to their customer service about this. It's a new business. They're competing for new clients. They shouldn't start out by isolating a ton of potential clients by locking them out of anything. I had the opportunity to sign up to be a founding member for Mr. Porter when it was starting out. I didn't because I didn't want to be inundated with their e-mails because I didn't know if I would like their buys or their biz. Turns out, I do. However, I also spend way less at Porter than I do places like Barney's, Bloomingdale's, Saks, NM, etc. because I can often get the same stuff for less and it's generally less picked over. Ultimately, my complaint doesn't really matter too much because Porter is clearly selling stuff out before it even hits final sale, which would indicate that they are succeeding. Online men's shopping is one of the fastest growing sectors and Porter is definitely capitalizing on it and they seem to be doing much better than soon to be defunct Park & Bond and already shuttered Clad Men. But why isolate people just because they weren't the first to offer up their e-mail address? That's the ultimate problem.

Sorry, let me get this thread back on topic: ZOMG CUSTOMS! Why isn't all shipping free? Isn't UPS an affiliate of UNICEF? TBS CODEZ PLZ!

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received an email that Marrkt is having Common Projects on sale on Nov. 6th
If anyone would like a referral link let me know
p.s. they still have their Cabourn sale up. Pretty picked over but some good deals remain.

I expect the CPs will be right at that magic $280 point which seems to be the standard now. But who knows...

zzzzap

Reaction score
Hickorees hard goods:

To celebrate our shop's first birthday, and to thank you for your continued support, we're giving you a 20% DISCOUNT on everything we sell, now through the weekend.

At Hickoree's Floor Two, just mention this email at the cash register. To use it online, enter "ONEYEAR" in the ENTER DISCOUNT CODE field during checkout.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are people complaining about not being a porter member? Boohoo you didn't get that **** you really, really, really wanted (but only at a discount!!!!) because someone else was able to see it and buy it first? Why does that bother you? It's not like you vultures would skip over a discounted item you wanted because Porter left you off their big boy's club anyways, and if you would, more power to you stick it to them tweet about it post some more stuff on more message boards.

I just fail to see why you wouldn't buy from a store simply because they open their sale a little early to certain people. Hell they can have a list of all middle class white dudes who quote 2chainz on tumblr and offer those guys 80% 2 weeks before I have access to the sale and I would STILL buy something I wanted if they had it

Last edited:

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Free Shipping at Haven

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15% off some F/W stuff + free shipping at Yoox. No code, just price drops on selected items.

FYI on this everyone, this does combine with some of the 20% off select items they've had going on for a week or two. So put an item in your cart that's already 20% off and the extra 15% will then fall off if it's an eligible item.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI on this everyone, this does combine with some of the 20% off select items they've had going on for a week or two.  So put an item in your cart that's already 20% off and the extra 15% will then fall off if it's an eligible item. 

I dont really get it extra 15% of some items? what is the code? I know about the 20% of f/w but 15% extra?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads