• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

****Official Bonobos Thread****

JesseLivermore

Reaction score
I haven't yet seen a Bonobos thread here, and I think it may deserve one. I suppose we will see over the next few days if people agree with this contention. Either way, I think they offer perhaps one of the best, if not the best fitting RTW/OTR OCBDs and chinos I have ever worn. Their new French cords are also fantastic. I have yet to try most of their formal wear, however their casual stuff is great. These are some of my recent purchases:

Light Blue Gingham aka the Ging Crosby

Sky Blue Gingham

Perhaps my favorite OCBD currently:

There's also this, which I had to have the moment I saw it:

They all fit tremendously well, and the OCBDs are softer than your average OCBD. For your first order you can use this for $25 off $75. http://a.********/x/wuDxok

And if you've already placed an order and are thus not eligible for this, you can PM me for a couple codes.

Last edited:

itscloudy614

Reaction score
Bravo for starting this thread! I skeptically bought my first pair of washed chinos a few years ago when they first introduced the slim fit. The reviews at the time were unfavorable, both on fit and quality. But since that purchase I haven't looked back, they are the best fitting pants I've ever owned. I love seeing all the knockout colors and materials they introduce every season. If you haven't tried them out yet, you don't know what you're missing.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Says the guy with one post who works at bonobos.
"Knockout colors"?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Beh, their stuff looks ok, although it's odd that people are suddenly shilling for them/spamming the forum with referral codes when they've already been around for as long as they have.

Kudos to them for making bootcut chinos. I'd probably try their slim-fits out if they were button-fly rather than zipper-fly.

red81

Reaction score
i have 3 or 4 of their shirts, the fit is great off the rack for me, best i could find anywhere. i get their plaids when they hit the $38 mark or whatever, great deal for that price.

i also have an ocbd i got from them , great in a slim fit.

lehoon

Reaction score
I now have four pair of pants from Bonobos. I started with the Travel Jean, then 2 light-weight chinos, and finally a pair of fine cords, all in slim fit. I've heard the fits are meant for meatier legs, but I'm 120 at 5'8" and the slim fit looks great on my legs.

I would hesitate to buy these pants at full price (average price is roughly $70-90), but you can stick out referral codes, it might help a bit. Plus they have sales every 2-3 weeks.

If anyone is interested, I have my own referral code for anyone who wants to try it. You get $25 off your first purchase with this code. [edit: It looks like I can't post my code here. If anyone would like the referral code, please PM me. ]

Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair that I got on deep discount a couple of months ago, and I like them. Their straight fit is perfect for me for work. It's very similar to the Milano fit chino from Brooks Brothers. I haven't tried their shirts yet, but I browse their sales all the time so I'm sure I'll give that a try at some point. I look at these guys like a BB Red Fleece competitor...similar demographic. Fabric is good, colors are a little more stand-outish, and the cut is slimmer (even in the straight fit).

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Bump / Question

I just went to their Fit/Guide Shop in LA to try out their performance golf pants (they have golf clothes under a banner called "Maide"), and ordered a couple pairs -- I thought the Highland was a good golf pant.

As I was already in the Guide Shop, I tried on some of their other stuff -- seems like they have a pretty decent value sport coat (half-canvassed and priced it seems to be competitive with SuitSupply) - I am no expert though...

Anyone out there have any thoughts/experiences with Bonobos?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads