• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official blake x RЯL officer chino contest

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by palma
Hopefully 31 and 32 as well. Anywhere else to for these chinos in those sizes?

they probably have these size, the smallest they have is marked 29
ffffuuuu.gif
(I need 28!!!) which base on all the info I got, fits more like 31.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to post late with what may be a dumb question, but is there actually a Blake X RRL version that is different than what Context or RRL sells? Thanks in advance.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
YOJ6h.jpg

cross-post from WAYWT

gonna have to wash, these saw way too much action at the Governors Island Music Festival

What boots you got there?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, I thought that might be them. I've always thought the toe looked too bulbous on those, but they look nice and sleek in your photo. Perfect color to match with those chinos.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
These.

I should have guessed. dear God man, besides your chinos, are any of your clothes not branded 'epaulet?'

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
I should have guessed. dear God man, besides your chinos, are any of your clothes not branded 'epaulet?'

lol8[1].gif
Well hey, I figure when something works, why change? I blame Mike for having the uncanny ability to read my mind and produce the exact items that I've been wanting in what's basically a perfect fit for me straight off the rack. Seriously, it's his fault, not mine. But yeah I do have some other labels filling out my closet; APC, Levis, Brooks Brothers, Gant, and hell, even the occasional J Crew leftover remains that will pop out every now and then, though most of that stuff is thankfully gone now at this point.

Oh and I have a couple H&M suits. They're like $100, so why not?

Originally Posted by Froosh
StanleyVanBuren's featured on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/POLO-RALPH-LAUREN...-/220809297740

Ha! That's hilarious. At least they gave me credit.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol awesome being featured on ebays

THERE IS NO BLAKE RRL CHINO ... they are RRL chinos that are being used in a contest sponsored by blake

cheers!

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hehe thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Alright so which member on here is double_rl on ebay? Even asked me to post the link on styleforum specifically.

By the way, how much have your guys' chinos stretched out in the waist? 0.5"? 1"? What about the thighs?

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Hehe thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Alright so which member on here is double_rl on ebay? Even asked me to post the link on styleforum specifically

Not sure who double_rl is, but those selvedge chinos are just a slightly older model with a more rigid selvedge cotton (sans red line) which made its way to RL outlets earlier this year (seller probably paid about $50 for them there).

B.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
proof of other labels!

cross-post from WAYWT

yABwp.jpg

Epaulet
Brooks Brothers
RRL
J Press
Allen Edmonds

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stanley, are yours the red selvedge line chinos? I remember you saying they stretched out a ton, more than 0.5"-1"?

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Yeah mine are the red lines. I don't have an exact number for you as I washed them for the first time recently and they are "back to stock" for the moment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads