• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oceans 13 - I just saw it

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great movie if you enjoyed the previous 2 or at least the 1st one. I like them all. Look for the morphing of mugg shot scene...It's funny. And a couple of great one liners by Clooney and Pitt at the end were priceless worthy of SF 'roasting' humor.

calvin1663

Reaction score
i might go tonight with a girl IF she freaking calls me back...anywho, sounds good!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
about to go see it in a couple hours, glad to hear you liked it so much

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was ok. It picked up steam near the middle, but it just didn't have enough energy, especially compared to 11 or even 12.

east hastings

Reaction score
so many plot holes! it's pretty fun if you don't pay attention, but if you like your movies to make sense..

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was planning to go watch it tomorrow, but if it is like you say, i'll better waitn until somebody lends me the DVD...

I found Ocean's 12 messy and not at the same level as 11

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. I thought it was far better than 12, but not as good as the original. The wardrobes were interesting to say the least. Pacino's choices were pretty stunning IMO.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
It was fun. You def have to go in suspending all belief in reality as the main "exit plan" scenario is so far fetched that you just have to accept it and go on the ride

Nice to see the Nightfox back, even tho he's hardly given any credit for being one of the top thieves in the world, considering how played he gets.

If you've seen 11 and 12, might as well finish the trilogy

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
It was fun. You def have to go in suspending all belief in reality as the main "exit plan" scenario is so far fetched that you just have to accept it and go on the ride

Nice to see the Nightfox back, even tho he's hardly given any credit for being one of the top thieves in the world, considering how played he gets.

If you've seen 11 and 12, might as well finish the trilogy

Yes, all the heists are as likely as Paris Hilton becoming a nun.
I just like the humor, in jokes and witty banter.

Yes,the NightFox went from being a 'God' thief with class to be a complete stooge. They dissed his character hard.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11 > 13 > 12

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Look for the morphing of mugg shot scene...It's funny. .

Yes, that was a funny scene. I also enjoyed that they had the confidence to drop subtle little jokes that some people might miss in various places without feeling the need to be overly obvious in "flagging" them.

Case in point: When Damon's character begins to reluctantly read aloud the letter Don Cheadle wrote to Elliot Gould, he bungles it by reading, "As the band wrote, . . . ")
That one made me chuckle.

The scenes at the Mexican die factory were funny too, in an obviously silly way.

I often find Pacino over-acts too much for my taste, but I thought he was good in this.

On the whole, as others have said, it was an enjoyable movie if you just go with the flow and don't devote too much energy to trying to analyze the "realism" of the cons.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it.

"Are you in yet?"

"I hate that question."

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I enjoyed it.

"Are you in yet?"

"I hate that question."

Haha, yeah that joke was amusing... First there was a chuckle from the audience, then a few moments later laughter as the crowd 'got' the second meaning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads