• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oceans 13 - I just saw it

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*** SPOILER *** Some funny one liners there. It was worth the ticket price. One thing I didn't get was how they got Benedict to donate the money. What did they have on him?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
*** SPOILER ***

Some funny one liners there. It was worth the ticket price. One thing I didn't get was how they got Benedict to donate the money. What did they have on him?

They pitted Benedict's hate for Pacino's character. Since the monstrosity of the Bank casted a shadow over the Bellagio, he was more than in to destroy Bank. Easy enough.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
They pitted Benedict's hate for Pacino's character. Since the monstrosity of the Bank casted a shadow over the Bellagio, he was more than in to destroy Bank. Easy enough.

Yeah, but why did he donate the money after he's received it back from them? A guy like Benedict just doesn't give up $72 mil for nothing.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Yeah, but why did he donate the money after he's received it back from them? A guy like Benedict just doesn't give up $72 mil for nothing.

He didn't. They(O13) stoled the diamonds and flouted Benedict's Nightfox plan to steal them from the Ocean's crew. Then donated the money in Benedict's name to the charity. Then Benedict just went with it and played Oprah.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think most of the people miss the biggest inside joke that connects all these three movies and makes them all crack up all the time.

The joke is: The real heist occurs at the box office and they all get away with much, much more than 72 million dollars.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I think most of the people miss the biggest inside joke that connects all these three movies and makes them all crack up all the time.

The joke is: The real heist occurs at the box office and they all get away with much, much more than 72 million dollars.

C'mon, I sincerely doubt I would like it (haven't seen the second, barely remember the first-and I love a good heist movie) but don't most people who go see that sort of film go there with their eyes open; they're looking for over the top, spectacular but in a generic way entertainment and completely understand that they're not witnessing a landmark film. You could criticize the public's tendency to ignore more difficult work but I bet what this films says it does, what it does and what people think it does are pretty much in synch, making it anything but theft.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
C'mon, I sincerely doubt I would like it (haven't seen the second, barely remember the first-and I love a good heist movie) but don't most people who go see that sort of film go there with their eyes open; they're looking for over the top, spectacular but in a generic way entertainment and completely understand that they're not witnessing a landmark film. You could criticize the public's tendency to ignore more difficult work but I bet what this films says it does, what it does and what people think it does are pretty much in synch, making it anything but theft.

My sentiment is that knowing what I know about intelligence of people involved in this film. I am convinced that at the time they realized very well that the first movie was way below what they have done before in their carriers. But with ***** and giggles they proceeded with two more sequels while clowning around in every interview about this venture.

Being as cynical as any other person in Hollywood it is obvious to me that they: the producers and actors have counted receipts from the first pile of **** and concluded if the "marks" want to part with their money why not make more piles of **** full of product placements. Thus we have two more come out and perhaps more on the way.
When I had a misfortune of seeing a first film, I could not shake off the feeling that the actors are having much more fun making the film than I am watching it.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably true. You live and learn. Hopefully you won't watch Oceans 14.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too bad about Nightfox, he made me actually like 12. I didn't care for 11, and apparently won't be bothering with 13.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12 was cool because it was set in Europe. The story of the fabrege egg was whack and so was "julia roberts" pretending to be "Julia roberts". But Nightfox's capoeira act in the museum was pretty tight. otherwise, as others have said I would go with 11>13>12

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Best part was the cougar bit when talking about Ellen Barkin.

Fiz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
It was fun. You def have to go in suspending all belief in reality as the main "exit plan" scenario is so far fetched that you just have to accept it and go on the ride

Exactly....

Nice to see the Nightfox back, even tho he's hardly given any credit for being one of the top thieves in the world, considering how played he gets.
And also i felt they could have used him a lot better to make the storyline more intresting.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Too bad about Nightfox, he made me actually like 12. I didn't care for 11, and apparently won't be bothering with 13.

I'm relieved to see that someone else preferred 12.

koji

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
More importantly, thought Al Pacino's wardrobe in this movie was atrocious. So overdone. Benedict's ascots are a nice, if somewhat reaching, touch, but Pacino looked awful in every scene. Maybe he was supposed to?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want my money back....

wait not only my money back.. I'll send them an invoice for my 2+ man-hours lost

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads