• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC - C-21 Overcoat Selection?

deaddog

Reaction score
I'm going to be in midtown tomorrow for a couple of hours and am thinking of hitting C-21 for a discount high-end overcoat -- has anybody been there very recently and seen the selection? I will be looking for a full-length 42R and will be looking for a typical high-end/semi high-end brand (brioni, barbera, isaia, zegna). I'm also open to brands I haven't heard of that you guys have seen there and regard as high-end (thats how I ended up with my Sartoria Partenopea suit, which is awesome).
Thanks

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do realize C21 is downtown, right? I have no idea about overcoats there, but I did pick up some nice leather gloves with Italian cashmere linings. If you look there, make sure you look at the labels, as a lot of them are actually made in China.

Good luck. I hate the C21 shopping experience
frown.gif

deaddog

Reaction score
Thanks - I know C-21 is downtown and I should have been more clear - I will by in NYC tomorrow for a meeting in midtown and will have a few free hours. I figured there would be no massive sales at BG, etc yet so my best bet would be to jumpe on the subway and check out C-21

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They generally do not carry high end overcoats (I've been on the hunt for one) though they occasionally get a few like Corneliani, but mostly 40R. I think you would be better off with STP, or possibly trying Barneys.

I haven't seen Sartoria Partenopea at C21 in something like 18 months...

coachvu

Reaction score
I believe they had a rack of Corneliani overcoats about a week ago. I don't know about sizing or pricing, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads