• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now go home and get your shine box!

vexare

Reaction score
No more shines, maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. they'll go up there and tell ya I don't shine shoes anymore!

Coburn

Reaction score
Billy Batts: No I didn't insult him. I didn't insult him.
Jimmy Conway: I'm sorry. You insulted him a little bit

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm only kidding with you, we're having a party, I just came home and I haven't seen you in a long time and I'm breaking your balls, and you're getting f**king fresh.

Chouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vexare
No more shines, maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. they'll go up there and tell ya I don't shine shoes anymore!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you... .... .... now go home and get your f**kin' shine box!!

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suiturself
Your shoe...so you can place it on there and shine away.

Yeah... Myke, do you use it? I tried to do so, but it didn't make much sense...

rammie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Yeah... Myke, do you use it? I tried to do so, but it didn't make much sense...

I'm only guessing here but I think it goes like this:

shoe-shiner-big.jpg

In other words, you can't use that part of the box to shine your shoes without someone else being involved in the process.

MKB

Reaction score
Too small. What with half a dozen jars of Meltonian, 4-5 cans of Kiwi, 3 bottles of shoe dye, Lexol cleaner and conditioner, suede brush, and various rags, it's all I can do to fit it all in a 10" x 16" x 8" plastic storage box...and I never polish them while I'm wearing them, so the foot support on the top of the box would be all but useless.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, nah, you insulted him a little bit. Ya got a little out of order yourself and you insulted him.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rammie
I'm only guessing here but I think it goes like this:

In other words, you can't use that part of the box to shine your shoes without someone else being involved in the process.

I don't think so; you could still place the box on a desk and then the shoe on it... still doesn't work well, but that's what I think it's meant for.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can also put the shoe on and lean over while sitting on a couch or chair.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! People always talk about the relaxing effect of shoe polishing, now combine that with Yoga and you have the ultimate relaxing experience!

IBJanky

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads