• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northampton Calling!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Here's a vote for U.S. 11.5, UK 10.5/11.
+1 (also UK 10.5 G)

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My want list:

John Lobb Luffield, Brown Suede - 9E UK
John Lobb 2004, Pepper - 9E UK

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tiny feet would love some UK 7.5 Lobbs... in brown.
smile.gif

toniok

Reaction score
Would be interested in a Jermyn II in 8 EE but I guess they rarely make it to the factory shop.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Thank you for the overwhelming response.

I wish I could simply walk into Lobbs and blitz the place with your requests. However, their response would probably be to warn me off or ban me.

I will make a list, group you by size and get to work in as discrete a manner as possible.

C & J Handgrades - no joy at all, other than communicate availability. I cannot compete with PLAL on price.

LAST 348- Tetbury,Hallam,Drummond,Alex,Edjware,Stanford and so forth - we can have a lot of joy there.

Church - I urge you to think again. There are some great Balmorals available. Prices would generally be from £ 170 GBP but clearance offers could take the price as low as £130

Trickers - Very english and "traditional" - but if they're your thing rather than 'dress' shoes, they are excellent. Their heavy boots and brogues in general are their forte IMO.

Edward Green - do not give access to factory stock. I could make a 'personal call' - but for all that entails, I'd keep them for myself.

Once again, thank you.
Please bombard me with questions and requests.

Shoe size alone is fine. However, I'd probably act on specific shoe requests first.

If you could remember I'm English and quote your width in UK width fittings, that would really help!

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in size 6 or 6.5UK (40) Crockett & Jones and Tricker's boots (preferably with a dainite or commando sole, not leather).

blc

Reaction score
I've been watching your auctions. I'd definitely be interested in some brown John Lobb Becketts in UK 9.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
OK! Let's have a go at this!

The only shoes I have currently not listed on Ebay are a pair of C & J "Stanford" Chestnut tassel Loafers UK 10E
and a C & J "Drummond" Brown Suede Balmoral UK 10 E.
http://i14.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/8f/94/170c_1.JPG
The Drummond is on the 348 last, while the Stanford is on the 342.
The Drummond is currently on its way back from Italy as it was too narrow for my customer.

Both are marked SUBS. There is a very slight case of overshading on the inside of the right Stanford which,to all intents, is unnoticeable. I cannot fault the Drummond at all.

Please PM me if you are interested.
IMG_2774.jpg

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
+1

(also UK 10.5 G)

Yeah, I figured that would bring you and Mr. Monty out of the woodwork
smile.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Some more specifics (by no means an exhaustive list, I'd certainly be interested in others in a 10.5E, or possibly in an 11E):
Jermyn II (range of browns, pewter, black)
Derwent (browns, burdundy, pewter - true for most of the res)
Brampton
Luffield
Marston
Vale
Bourne (black)
Avon (suede, maybe brown calf as well)
Bolero (brown, burgundy)
Happy Hunting!

Originally Posted by Salsalocust
Thank you for the overwhelming response.

I wish I could simply walk into Lobbs and blitz the place with your requests. However, their response would simply be probably be to warn me off or ban me.

I will make a list, group you by size and get to work in as discrete a manner as possible.

C & J Handgrades - no joy at all, other than communicate availability. I cannot compete with PLAL on price.

LAST 348- Tetbury,Hallam,Drummond,Alex,Edjware,Stanford and so forth - we can have a lot of joy there.

Church - I urge you to think again. There are some great Balmorals available. Prices would generally be from £ 170 GBP but clearance offers could take the price as low as £130

Trickers - Very english and "traditional" - but if they're your thing rather than 'dress' shoes, they are excellent. Their heavy boots and brogues in general are their forte IMO.

Edward Green - do not give access to factory stock. I could make a 'personal call' - but for all that entails, I'd keep them for myself.

Once again, thank you.
Please bombard me with questions and requests.

Shoe size alone is fine. However, I'd probably act on specific shoe requests first.

If you could remember I'm English and quote your with in UK width fittings, that would really help!

Then to be clear, I would be looking for 10.5E in UK sizing in Lobb, and the same or 11E in C&J, depending on last.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see some wholecuts or double monks in UK 6.5.
Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads