• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nightmares: what do you think brings them on?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've obviously just had one. That's why I'm up all of a sudden at 4am, despite not having slept well in the past couple days.

I've had some really unsettling ones and I can't tie their cause to anything going on in my life. My dreams are usually pretty literal and self-explanatory, possibly because I've always had an aversion to poetry. :p

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
maybe it's something you ate
frown.gif

i hate nightmares! ugh, so random. think happy thoughts!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think they are caused by personality deficiencies. I hear that nightmares are frequently had by the insecure, the unsatisfied, and other pathetic losers. I myself have never had one. Which just goes to prove my point.
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I think they are caused by personality deficiencies. I hear that nightmares are frequently had by the insecure, the unsatisfied, and other pathetic losers. I myself have never had one. Which just goes to prove my point.

smile.gif

That's too bad because you're going to hell and you haven't even had a taste of it yet!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
That's too bad because you're going to hell and you haven't even had a taste of it yet!

No, I do believe you are mistaken. It's quite delicious.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i enjoy nightmares...they often (for me at least) have the most ridiculous bad situations ever, and it's like a mental exercise for me to defeat it. the most common one i have occurs after exams, where an imaginary extra course i'm taking has an exam tomorrow and i have to study.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've obviously just had one. That's why I'm up all of a sudden at 4am, despite not having slept well in the past couple days.

I've had some really unsettling ones and I can't tie their cause to anything going on in my life. My dreams are usually pretty literal and self-explanatory, possibly because I've always had an aversion to poetry. :p

It's probably just an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than grave about nightmares!

p.trick

Reaction score
I don't mind nightmares much unless strenuous physical activity is involved. I feel the night is wasted if I'm just as exhausted as I would have been had I stayed up.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Nightmares are pretty tricky beasts that have been attributed most commonly to stress but also biological processes going on in one's body during sleep. But hell, how do you prevent them?

Oddly enough, I had a doozy last night that I woke up from and thought, "Damn, that was so brutal, it was actually kinda cool." I don't know what lead up to it, but a man became so distraught that he picked up a shotgun and began firing at anything that moved around him. He aimed at a helicopter that was hovering just above him, shot the pilot through the floor, and it landed right on top and crushed him. As he lay there bleeding, he pointed the shotgun at his face and pulled the trigger.

I swear I'm normal.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Nightmares are pretty tricky beasts that have been attributed most commonly to stress but also biological processes going on in one's body during sleep. But hell, how do you prevent them?

Oddly enough, I had a doozy last night that I woke up from and thought, "Damn, that was so brutal, it was actually kinda cool." I don't know what lead up to it, but a man because so distraught that he picked up a shotgun and began firing at anything that moved around him. He aimed at a helicopter that was hovering just above him, shot the pilot through the floor, and it landed right on top and crushed him. As he lay there bleeding, he pointed the shotgun at his face and pulled the trigger.

I swear I'm normal.

that's nothing.
devil.gif

But I think it's best to avoid a competition for who is the most twisted on these boards based on their dreams.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend had a dream about shooting a rapper named Dante. Not an hour after she told me, we were on the road, going back home, and the car in front of us license plate actually read "Dante."

*twilight zone*

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
I like nightmares...the more realistic the better. They're exhilarating as hell, and when you wake up, you're happy it was just a nightmare.

Nice dreams, on the other hand, suck. You wake up and realize that no, you're not a billionaire, and no, you're not banging that hot chick.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
that's nothing.
devil.gif

But I think it's best to avoid a competition for who is the most twisted on these boards based on their dreams.

I'm sure I could win outright.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads