Nice iPad covers?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by epb, May 15, 2010.

1. IslandS62

IslandS62 New Member

I am also using the incase book jacket, while waiting for dodcase to deliver (4-6 weeks). In Incase is OK, and looks like a notebook, but I am sure it will pale compared to the handcarved bamboo liner of the Dodocase.

I have the Louis Vuitton sleeve case for the iPhone. They are nice of course, but leave the top exposed, prevent the use of most films etc, the edges seem to get damaged easily and its just another thing to hold or lose since its not attached to the device.

2. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Girl wants an LV or anything quality that's coral pink. Mine will be naked.

3. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

4. bkk

bkk Senior member

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

well, you don't want that fucker to slide out. Then again, the case is worth more than the iPad.

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Girl wants an LV or anything quality that's coral pink. Mine will be naked.
    April in Paris makes covers for the iphone that are quite nice. LV would be tacky. AiP would be much more colorful. I bet they would make you an ipad cover too.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

April in Paris makes covers for the iphone that are quite nice. LV would be tacky. AiP would be much more colorful. I bet they would make you an ipad cover too.
    They do excellent work, and for those so inclined, they'll make an alligator cover for $1500.00.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

dude, I will make you an iPad cover from alligator, lined in silk, for $1500. get at me.

9. Zachgranstrom

Zachgranstrom Senior member

10. bkk

bkk Senior member

well, you don't want that fucker to slide out. Then again, the case is worth more than the iPad.

Having the tab is fine, but something so obtrusive makes no sense to me. Looks like the depth of the case is 3x as deep as an iPad.

11. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

I've used the workaround of putting my iPad into the sleeve of my Acer Aspire One. While it's fitting in length and width it's not slim enough (obviously). Now I'm looking for a nice cover/sleeve for my iPad that will protect it from pens, mobile phones and other scary stuff inside of my briefcase.

I'm down to 3 different choices but completely unable to decide (prices are basically the same, so no factor):

1) iPad sleeve from Hard Graft (wool felt & leather)
    2) iPad case from Pack and Smooch (wool felt & leather)
    3) iPad case from Kodama (Goat leather)

12. MarcInDentonTx

MarcInDentonTx Senior member

I use the Apple one because it's the thinnest one I could find, and it's pretty inconspicuous. I don't understand the point of getting a case that bulks up these kinds of devices. It's like negating one of their main features. Underneath, I have the Zagg Invisi-shield on it.

--Andre

I'm using the same one. It works. Its efficient. Won't impress anyone, but I just need utilitarian function. I'll save the extra for the bag I carry it in.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I've used the workaround of putting my iPad into the sleeve of my Acer Aspire One. While it's fitting in length and width it's not slim enough (obviously). Now I'm looking for a nice cover/sleeve for my iPad that will protect it from pens, mobile phones and other scary stuff inside of my briefcase.

I'm down to 3 different choices but completely unable to decide (prices are basically the same, so no factor):

1) iPad sleeve from Hard Graft (wool felt & leather)
    2) iPad case from Pack and Smooch (wool felt & leather)
    3) iPad case from Kodama (Goat leather)

Just because you don't have enough wool felt & leather options, here is the one I use:

[​IMG]

http://www.etsy.com/listing/52508337...felt-and-brown

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I use the Apple one because it's the thinnest one I could find, and it's pretty inconspicuous. I don't understand the point of getting a case that bulks up these kinds of devices. It's like negating one of their main features. Underneath, I have the Zagg Invisi-shield on it.

--Andre

I've also been happy with the Apple cover. It's thin and provides versatility for using the iPad. It was cheap, too.

15. Robertito

Robertito Senior member