• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Next piece of footwear

KayJay85

Reaction score
Folks
I am back after a few months. My shoe wardrobe for the office is full on black (1 brogue and 1 cap toe) and I am looking for a brown pair to add into the rotation.

Ideally I want something versatile that I can wear to work (trousers and shirts, rarely suits) and then wear along with jeans on the weekends. The two options that I am currently considering are a pair of Chestnut Chukkas and a pair of Chestnut Monks, both from N&L.

Which of the two would you suggest I make the move for? In the long-run I would like to have both but not sure which to start with.

Secondly, what are the best combinations with brown shoes? Grey/Light grey trousers?

Thanks in advance

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy from N&L. Their product is just rebranded C&J at a higher price.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
I wouldn't buy from N&L. Their product is just rebranded C&J at a higher price.

except that their sales shoes are cheaper than standard priced C&J.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
except that their sales shoes are cheaper than standard priced C&J.

Well he'll have to decide quick considering their sale ends in three days.

KayJay85

Reaction score
N&L on sale is cheaper than C&J as stated by upnorth

I was told the shoe sale will continue for a little while yet but may be mistaken.

Either way, my decision will certainly be sped up as I get opinions from other members here

davehfc

Reaction score
I personally would go for Lacuzzo or Morelli, both of these shoes have amazing desgin features and are extremley comfortable, Morelli are an amazing shoe, they have the quality of Barker shoes but offer that something different. http://www.leonardsilver.com/ Leonard Silver have some amazing styles and brands of shoes, with more brands coming in the Spring/Summer range

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads