• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newly single 24yo, $700 for a new clothes, help please!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
Does the price of the drink you throw at girl's faces rise exponentially by Friday?

not really, drinks at bars don't crest $20 a pop here unless you're buying something really old, and there's a point of diminishing returns where the fun factor in dousing a feisty one just doesn't seem worth it, whatever the drink.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
my going out attire is an Express pinstripe blazer in size L, a matching (I call it my crazy stripe shirt) crazy stripe shirt, some just-perfectly faded Express jeans with notches cut into the hems so they fall nice and flared on the dogs (Ken Coles *****) and then the crowning piece of course is my Emporio watch. Don't step to this because I won't go out without a fight.

ryannn

Reaction score
Holy **** you are still up, but I guess that makes sense.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
too many red bull and vodkas brah, had one of my two allotted crazy nights out per month brah

Deluks917

Reaction score
If you really "only" have 700 dollars I suggest you NOT spend 200+ on jeans. Levi's seriously look good if they are sized properly and fit your bodytype (note unless you can do that don't waste $$$ on jeans) Buy a apir for 30 dollars and you have jeans. I suggest you try to put together sdome outfits cheaply until you know what you are doing. Buy boots off buy/sell if you want because you probally no your shoe size. Don't spend more then 70-100 a week.

ryannn

Reaction score
So is alcohol more expensive in Korea?

OP: Just dude bro status it and get *****. True religion + ed hardy = infinite white sorority girls, but those are just the words on the street dawg.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
He's 24 years old (and unfortunately thinks life ends at 20, apparently) 140lbs and 5'8, he would do better with those UO jeans or some black Cheap Mondays or both, a pair of Spring Courts, 2 AA oxfords and 5 v neck tees, a cheap H&M black blazer, and a $150 haircut. (0)

ryannn

Reaction score
Oh ****, real advice. I see you give friendlier advice when you get yo red bull vodka on.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I kind of feel sorry for du, kind of, not that much.

ryannn

Reaction score
Okay OP, ignore my advice and do what dis says. It's real advice.

ersatzmoe

Reaction score
Listen to the advice here.

Lurk a bit.

Wind up buying AA staples ($200) and a pair of APCs (150), maybe even a pair of Red Wings (150).

Then get a WvsG peacoat and you're set for the winter.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you guy really need to spend more on your haircuts, I'm being totally serious about that. I spend about $300 a visit and I live in a country where $15 haircuts are normal; I have lustrous beautiful locks that stop women in their tracks; you should at least be looking presentable for $50 every few weeks or so.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
You're gonna need a ToJ leather, and it's gonna cost you more than 700 bones...

ftfy?
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
you guy really need to spend more on your haircuts, I'm being totally serious about that. I spend about $300 a visit and I live in a country where $15 haircuts are normal; I have lustrous beautiful locks that stop women in their tracks; you should at least be looking presentable for $50 every few weeks or so.
I spend $30 and I think that's pushing it (but my hairdresser chick is hot so I'm okay with it). Is there really that much difference between a $30 and $300 haircut? I know of a place that serves alcohol and does spa things at $100 so do $300 ones come with a happy ending?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
about a foot and a half

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads