• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups

ksakke

Reaction score
Yes, we'll do that. Our price comes out to about the same as Viberg's, and considerably lower for international customers. The difference really comes down to our having to pay shipment to us, and accounting for the average shipping costs we incur. I do know a bit about Mr. Porter pricing, and it's nearly definitely not going to come out cheaper than what we are offering now.
Being an international customer I have to disagree with the notion that the price would be cheaper or then there is something that I do not understand. When customers from US buy something from, say Europe they get a reduced price (without tax) and then they pay tax and customs to US. This does not apply to international customers participating in this, we pay the same amount as US customers AND then pay additional taxes and customs to our country. This adds up to being more than average Viberg in European online shops. If we would get a reduced price (minus taxes) then it would be cheaper.

I'n still participating in this as natty cxl is not on offer here (unless MrPorter comes up with these) :)

boned

Reaction score
Yes, we'll do that. Our price comes out to about the same as Viberg's, and considerably lower for international customers. The difference really comes down to our having to pay shipment to us, and accounting for the average shipping costs we incur. I do know a bit about Mr. Porter pricing, and it's nearly definitely not going to come out cheaper than what we are offering now.

Very clear and precise answer, thanks Fok. Now to just scrape together some funds.
devil.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very clear and precise answer, thanks Fok. Now to just scrape together some funds.
devil.gif
Thanks, but we are committed to the best pricing, so I will be lowering the price of ALL the makeups by $20, which means that shipped, our prices, even domestically, are the same as at viberg.com, domestically, and lower, for overseas customers. For example, the CXL boots with dainite soles and a captoe (which is an upcharge) on Viberg's site is $720+$25=$745 shipping in the USA and Canada. Our adjusted pricinng will bring us to that.

For several of the makeups (like the bison), our pricing will be lower than would be offered at Viberg, should they have made the same boot, Anyone who has ordered already will be refunded, though that may take slightly longer, since there is no batch process, and I will have to handle this all manually.

Cheers,

Fok,

slidebye

Reaction score
I do know a bit about Mr. Porter pricing, and it's nearly definitely not going to come out cheaper than what we are offering now.

I already voted for the chromepak and heavily considering the natural CXL GMTO. Do you know the makeup details of the Mr. Porter natural service boot? If it's the same here I can wait a few months.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already voted for the chromepak and heavily considering the natural CXL GMTO. Do you know the makeup details of the Mr. Porter natural service boot? If it's the same here I can wait a few months.
It's apparently going to be the same. I can't verify that, obviously, but that is what I was led to believe.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lets focus on all the awesome preorders currently available and wait on discussing future makeups for a few months.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, let's keep things focused for now. Incidentally, there are about a dozen people who voted who have not yet preordered. You guys have a few days left to do this. I am not going to take preorders after the due date because I want to make sure that we get in the queue ASAP, and it's not fair to the others if you hold up their boots!

Cheers,

Fok.

boned

Reaction score
Yeah, let's keep things focused for now. Incidentally, there are about a dozen people who voted who have not yet preordered. You guys have a few days left to do this. I am not going to take preorders after the due date because I want to make sure that we get in the queue ASAP, and it's not fair to the others if you hold up their boots!

Cheers,

Fok.

Are you still planning on holding the Natty's till Mr. Porter's version debuts? Understandable if not since you dropped the price.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you still planning on holding the Natty's till Mr. Porter's version debuts?  Understandable if not since you dropped the price.  

I decided to close the order, in order to get them made, and since we have no idea when porter will decide to drop. However, our price guarantee (including shipping, of course,) will stand.

slidebye

Reaction score
Quote: Im in for the Natural CXL and had my vote in for the chromepak. I know we're a few months out for the chromepak pre-order, but what is the plan for exacting the makeup on these? I think the black CXL tongue and a Cat's Paw sole would add a nice bit of variety for me.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im in for the Natural CXL and had my vote in for the chromepak. I know we're a few months out for the chromepak pre-order, but what is the plan for exacting the makeup on these? I think the black CXL tongue and a Cat's Paw sole would add a nice bit of variety for me.
I want to see the leather myself before I decide which of those two options would work best.

Cheers,

Fok.

dsthompson

Reaction score
Ok, I am one of the guys that voted for the Natty CXL but has yet to place an order. When it came time to actually pony up this much money for a boot that I am not able to try on (I live in Austin, TX, so there is nowhere near me to try them on), I got too nervous about sizing. Anyone else worried about this? If the boot doesn't fit, what do you guys think I could reasonably expect to sell them for (i.e. how much do you think I'd lose when flipping them)?

On the other hand, of course, I really, really love these boots....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads