• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new suits - Giorgio Armani

hephaestus

Reaction score
Long time lurker but this is my first post. Recently returned from a trip through Italy and I was fortunately there during the 'saldi' period. Lots of fun! I picked up a few suits including a Campagna, Prada and Ferragamo.

Here is a Giorgio Armani (black label) I picked up in Rome which I really like. I read some harsh comments on Armani but I think that's more in relation to its lesser labels. I'm actually leaning towards the GA as perhaps even my favourite in terms of cut, look and feel. That said the Campagna suit just 'feels' like its made to a very high standard.

Not sure how/what to photograph but if there's something of interest let me know.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you wont find many giorgia armani fans here, but according to the suit hierarchy thread, the black label suits are well made

are the shoulders still obscenely wide/padded?

dont like that low gorge, very 80s

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree...nice looking suit. What is the Armani code for it? Should be something like LSVB5T LS813 color 922?

There has been a lot of anti-Armani talk on this forum but mostly from bad information, or bad memories from decades ago. This post got it correct in my opinion:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/131529/armani-collezioni-vs-emporio-armani/15#post_2319325
specifically:
Cut/Design wise: EA > GA > AC
Material/Construction wise: GA > EA > AC

Because AC (low end quality Armani, but still not bad) is so accessible to people in department stores in U.S., and GA is so inaccessible (price and availability), I think that must color people's opinion. GA makes some excellent quality suits, and nice style, and EA is not bad either.

Alfie Zhan

Reaction score
Agree. AC is found in department store and outlet everywhere. So is the same situation in Europe and Asia. EA and GA usually only sold in their boutique, except for some cheap watches and underwear lol.

I totally don't understand why so many people considering AC as a premium line than Emporio. The quality, the design, the material are the worst in Armani family

If I remember correctly, if u go to Armani flagship store like fifth avenue you can find From GA to AJ, but u can't even find AC, this line is design to sell in department store because it is meant to be cheaper and accessible, like & from dolce and gabbana.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit, $500, label $1000. Let people be parted from their money if that is what they want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads