• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Puppy

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
In anticipation of my oldest's upcoming 5th birthday, we went out yesterday to the Humane Society and the pound to look at dogs.

Naturally, we found a puppy that we couldn't resist.

He's a 2-month old labrador retriever/german shepherd mix.

The cats are a little freaked, but they're starting to calm down.

Here he is with our 2-year old.

Now we just have to be sure we train him properly.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. He should be an extremely bright dog. High-spirited, but bright.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Nice looking pup. I'm jealous as I am waiting until retirement to get a dog. The kids will have a ball with him.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Dogs are the devil.

Dog spelled backwards is god.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lab-shepherd mixes often seem to make pretty good dogs--hardy, intelligent, protective.

Good luck! Training and socialization are key, as you doubtless know.

Dogs consumed a great deal of my life since I got married in 1994, but I have been dogless since January. I am debating whether to wait until I retire next year to get a puppy or jump the gun if I come across something attractive enough.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Great dog! I'm a bit jealous. One day, when I'm in a big enough place that it won't be cruel to the poor dog....

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations; he's very cute. He should be pretty intelligent as well, as has already been mentioned - my cats still haven't grown accustomed to our dog. Her puppy energy (got her at 5 months, she's now a year and 1 month) and her size (Great Dane) still make them nervous. Make sure to teach him "leave it".
wink.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Congratulations; he's very cute. He should be pretty intelligent as well, as has already been mentioned - my cats still haven't grown accustomed to our dog. Her puppy energy (got her at 5 months, she's now a year and 1 month) and her size (Great Dane) still make them nervous. Make sure to teach him "leave it".
wink.gif

Our cats, growing up--one in particular--had a very forward-thinking view of the situation, and both times we got a puppy, they'd instill a healthy respect and fear of felines in him while he was still smaller than they were. It worked, too, one of our cats could scare the crap out of our dogs even when they were full-grown and probably ten times the size of the cats.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads