• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Nokia Lumia - I want

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on pricing and availability I'm thinking of a 800/820/920 somwhere around the end of the year. Also in light of its looks.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
availability is November. they announced a bunch of European dates/prices today.

Pricing will be a bit lower than iphone based on comparisons in Europe.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about Windows 8 and the tablet/phone integration, if for no other reason than C# is a much nicer language than objective C or Java. But what I'm really hoping for is that open webOS takes off and we see more open source competition for Android. Android is ugly and slow and click-happy. WebOS is pretty and responsive and gesture-happy. But Android has Google.

-offline maps so you can do turn-by-turn nav without using a crapload of data (nice for travelers) or when you have no signal. you could download the entire US if you wanted to. Also has transport and indoor maps.
This is cool. My phone is a GPS second only to the actual phone, and I hate waiting for maps to download.
-4.5" 720p touchscreen you can use with gloves on
Ugh. Too friggin' big, like every other phone on the market. And does the gloves claim mean that the screen is resistive instead of capacitive? I hope not.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I loved WebOS, but it's time to let the dream go. Open or not, it's a dead platform.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RIMM is going to make a comeback. Just putting it out there.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not a chance.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score

I loved WebOS, but it's time to let the dream go. Open or not, it's a dead platform.

I'm looking into the porting libraries to see how big a deal it is to compile for different devices. I'd be perfectly happy with a Cyanogenmod-esque team that releases Open webOS ROMs for Android devices. Or, better yet, for companies to start building platform-independent hardware that plays well with other operating systems. But I dream...

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I handled it yesterday and really like it, especially the screen.

The os is eh, nothing supper pretty but I might be able to live with it.

I am really thinking of getting this, The camera is the only thing I am worried about. Hopefully it's as good if not better than the iPhone 5's camera. (What I currently have)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads