• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Men's Online Fashion/Style Mag

stylishone

Reaction score
Knowing you all like to stay informed about matters of style, you should know there is a brand new men's magazine which has articles on men's fashion, grooming and lifestyle issues. Watch out GQ and Esquire! The mag's site is www.hemagazine.net and one of the best things about it is it's free.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

StevenRocks

Reaction score
It's starting off well. I think some of the content is repetitive, but it's headed in the right direction.

trogdor

Reaction score
Stylishone: I assume you're something to do with this new magazine, but even if you're not, I'll start by saying that the content looks pretty good (and varied) and it's cool that it's free, and you've done a good job to keep the adverts relatively unobtrusive. In short, it's definitely bookmark-worthy.

There are a few tech issues that might need to be ironed out. In my browser (Firefox 1.5.0.1) many of the frames overlap and interfere with each other, and in some cases, the graphics spill under the text and make it hard to read.

Overall, that's only a minor quibble with what looks to be pretty good, and perhaps one more nail in the coffin on GQ & Esquire.

Oh, and some of the pictures are marvellous -- especially the "clothes Appreciation" at the top of the MTM article!

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Mad, mad props for using Dr. Judy as a columnist. What glorious memories of lonley high school nights listening to Love Phones...

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
"64 Things I Miss About the Good Old Days" seems to be full of anachronistic and sexist views. I was almost expecting, "When women weren't in the workplace," next. I'm liking this magazine otherwise, though.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
off the top of my head, i recognize two of the articles, "well suited" and "made to measure" as being word for word reprints from articles in previous issues of harry rosen's "harry" magazine

Fritz

Reaction score
I think I read the Boyer article somewhere else not too long ago. Perhaps the Sartorialist blog?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads