• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ipod Shuffle

DMcG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
of all the 'in-ear' headphones I've owned I liked apple's the best.

This reminds me of the recent study that found people liked the sound of mp3s more than the original that the mp3s were made from.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* stupid, how hard is it to put buttons on the stupid iPod itself? There's plenty of real estate.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
Agreed. iPod headphones are amongst the worst that I have ever used.
But even more annoying is the amount of sound that these things leak, leading to people pumping up the volume and polluting public spaces with generally bad musical talent.

primarily use shuffles for gym/working out. the ipod headphones are TERRIBLE for working out IMO...slip out of the ear, easy to get sweat into them, etc.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
The shuffle is the triumph of marketing over sanity. In a sick way, it is a gleaming aluminum testament to man's power of delusion.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me it's not an improvement, can't be used as a home player anymore if the controls are on the earphones cable.

MLIW

Reaction score
pabloj great thinking,

I cant see why apple would release something as chronically bad as this, unless its some form of skewed marketing tactic, to encourage interest in the shuffle, which has never been as good as the others like nano etc...
Could there be a possibility that the shuffle could be making way for something better?!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NO thanks, my cell phone does the same job, oh but it has a screen, I can use any (mainstream) headphone I want, and no silly voiceovers.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that finds too much technology today too small? This things tiny? And I'm no ham-handed ogre either.

I much prefer my credit card-sized MP3 player and my old-style camera-sized camera. The little stuff's just too hard to hold onto.

b

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I were 17 again (Zac Efron reference), I'd be all over this iPod.

Thankfully, I have matured since then.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Am I the only one that finds too much technology today too small? This things tiny? And I'm no ham-handed ogre either.

I much prefer my credit card-sized MP3 player and my old-style camera-sized camera. The little stuff's just too hard to hold onto.

b

Ha, I thought about the size being too small. I would most definately lose it. Imagine all those hipster girls with their wheelbarrow sized bags, looking for the damned thing.

The Snob

Reaction score
While this new shuffle is marsupialed, to answer the other question of how this company exists: I LOVE MY MAC!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Snob
While this new shuffle is marsupialed, to answer the other question of how this company exists: I LOVE MY MAC!
Want a biscuit?
nest.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808

b

They should just stop selling shuffles and slap them onto headphones instead. Every headphone sold in the world should have a $30 shuffle upgrade option, built into the circuitry. No more dangling cords.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
You guys are looking at it all wrong. The shuffle is not designed for avid music enthusiasts or even high school amateurs. It is designed for people who need some music for say when they work out. Because it is this small it fits perfectly into say a suit pocket with your cellphone without the weight of a common music player.

People this shuffle is made for, don't ******* care if you have to click the same button 3 times to change to a song on a different play list because they want some White stripes NOW for an hour before they head back to the office. The controls are there just so you technically have the controls if u want something specific. It's not really meant to be used, that's why the shuffle option is right next the "on/off" switch.

If you are into more weight for more control Apple has the nano/classic/itouch for you.

This is coming from a guy who still owns and loves the 30gig one.

Consider the demographics instead of trying to see why this is marsupialed to YOU.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
You guys are looking at it all wrong. The shuffle is not designed for avid music enthusiasts or even high school amateurs. It is designed for people who need some music for say when they work out. Because it is this small it fits perfectly into say a suit pocket with your cellphone without the weight of a common music player. People this shuffle is made for, don't ******* care if you have to click the same button 3 times to change to a song on a different play list because they want some White stripes NOW for an hour before they head back to the office. The controls are there just so you technically have the controls if u want something specific. It's not really meant to be used, that's why the shuffle option is right next the "on/off" switch. If you are into more weight for more control Apple has the nano/classic/itouch for you. This is coming from a guy who still owns and loves the 30gig one. Consider the demographics instead of trying to see why this is marsupialed to YOU.
I have a shuffle (prev. version). However, when I work out I don't like the ipod headphones and I throw the wire of the headphones inside my shirt so it doesn't flop around. Don't want to reach into my shirt to click the controls a few times. I like earbuds, but the wraparound kind....sennheiser sports.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads