• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New here-Cannot find a shirt that fits for the life of me!

Dudebro69

Reaction score
Hello, I'm sure this topic has been discussed 1,000's of times on this forum but this is my first post so please go easy on me. I am having an impossible time finding shirts that fit my form. I am 5'11, 165lbs, fit with a 40 chest and a 30 waist. Shirt measurements are 15 neck, 35 sleeve. I was blessed with broad shoulders but it doesn't make shopping for clothes easy. The closest OTR shirt that has fit me is a small Banana Republic slim fit dress shirt, but even those are a bit tight in the shoulder, loose in the midsection. I've tried to avoid buying online because of the fact that I can't try the shirts on first and will have to return them, but between the amount of time I'm spending searching the town high and low for the perfect shirt, it's worth a shot. Can anyone recommend an online or for that matter, and retailer that might fit me, or am I destined to have to buy custom shirts, or have all my shirts tailored? I've seen that hugh and clyde offers an athletic fit shirt that might suit me well, but I'd prefer not to spend an arm and a leg on shirts. Most of their stuff is a bit dressier as well, and most of the time I'm kind of rugged/casual. Plaids, flannel, denim, classic oxfords... I really like a lot of the stuff Uniqlo has to offer as well, but have never tried one on and have no idea how they fit. Anyhow, any feedback is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Ric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads