• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nettleton Shoes?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of Nettleton shoes before.

Just saw them in the latest Ben Silver catalog:

http://www.bensilver.com/Nettleton-Shoes.html

Look like quality shoes, and they even have a Whiskey Cordovan option.

Made in Belgium, which I find odd. (Haven't ever seen a Belgian shoe before.)

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never heard of Nettleton shoes before.

Just saw them in the latest Ben Silver catalog:

http://www.bensilver.com/Nettleton-Shoes.html

Look like quality shoes, and they even have a Whiskey Cordovan option.

Made in Belgium, which I find odd. (Haven't ever seen a Belgian shoe before.)

Nettleton was a high-end American manufacturer of men's shoes that left the market in 1984.
It has apparently been revived with off-shore high cost production- Belgium isn't cheap.
The near-iconic Belgian loafers have been a favorite in the US for decades:

http://www.belgianshoes.com/lui-suede.html

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/...eton-Shoes-A-History-with-Pics-(lots-of-pics)

Last edited:

fracanzano

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Nettletons from their "Cavalry" line, the ones that retail for $995. I bought the Regiment in Whisky color. Saks OFF 5th currently has a number of Nettleton shoes for $200. They are definitely worth more than that, but certainly not $1k. I have a lot of shoes to compare them with, and I would say the following: JM Weston Demi-Chasse at $1k is an exceptional shoe and is several leagues above Nettleton's best; I would place these top-end Nettletons above Loake, also above Sargent in terms of leather quality, but below Sargent in workmanship. Comparing to my Tricker's city shoes (I have mainly Tricker's country shoes), Tricker's also have superior workmanship. The Nettletons are also nowhere close to my two pairs of Vass in workmanship, even if the leather quality may not be SO far off. The best comparison is to my one pair of Sargents, since they are wholecut in almost the same whisky color, and the Nettletons are wholecut with medallion. The Nettleton upper leather is better, the sole leather I can't tell yet. Both have closed channel stitching and are fiddle-waisted. The welting on the Nettletons is somewhat sloppy in comparison to the Sargents, and the channel is not perfect on one of the Nettletons. The Nettleton wins out, though, in the comparison of lasts, at least for my feet, and I'm an easy fit; shape is more elegant as well. So, it's a hard call. In real-world, sale prices, as I rarely buy shoes at full price unless they are Green Dovers or others that virtually never go on sale, for $200 the Nettleton Cavalry line is a steal. At $300 I think I would still consider them a good deal. At $400, which is plus-minus what i have paid for most of my many pairs of Tricker's, I would think twice. At $600, I would buy C&J. At $800, Vass of course. At $1000, Weston and some others. Above that, I just dream.

corpseposeur

Reaction score
I found a pair of NOS Made in USA Nettleton wingtips on eBay. I was very curious after reading about the brand on Vcleat.com. Will report back when I receive them.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just placed an order for to carry them in our shop. They are VERY high quality and offer a special make up program too. They are working on a Bepoke service also.

Good to hear the brand has been revived and remains quality, this is not often the case. Modern Florsheim being a prime example as well as Lotus in England

corpseposeur

Reaction score
BE5DB8B9-C1D5-4F77-912A-0D830AC1A636.jpeg

NOS Nettleton’s arrived yesterday. They fit very well. These are very well made surpassing the quality of the two pairs of Aldens I have in my opinion. I’m going to apply some leather conditioner and take these out on the town later today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads