• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need to gain weight

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J, if you really want to gain some weight, come to ATL and sit with me at the Varsity for an afternoon, you will def put on a few lbs....it might come off in a day because of the grease, but damn it would be fun.

johnw86

Reaction score
Based on my experience: 1. A job that's largely sedentary, spending hours in front of a computer screen each day. 2. A doughnut with your mid-morning coffee. 3. Eat at buffets at least 3 times a week. 4. Drink alcohol (lots). 5. Pizza for dinner--now you're talking food. 6. Work 50-60 hours a week so you have an excuse for not exercising.
biggrin.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's basically what I had been doing, aside from the eating part and the alcohol. Mainly, I need to start moving around more. I am well on my way toward eating enough/too much at this point. Maybe I just need to get tighter jeans and forget about it.

Debaser

Reaction score
Jeremy:

lt is silly to suggest eating more and/or having a bad diet full of protein.

l will set the record straight: accept the way you are. You probably have a fast metabolism. There is not much you can do.

But: maybe you could incombine afew of your meals; eg mix proteins with carbs. This always makes it harder to lose weight.
Let me get this straight. He wants to gain weight.

And you think it's silly to suggest eating more?

I have a fast metabolism too. I'm gaining weight just fine. I work out however, and my diet is flawless.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(marc37 @ Feb. 17 2005,03:24) Jeremy: lt is silly to suggest eating more and/or having a bad diet full of protein. l will set the record straight: accept the way you are. You probably have a fast metabolism. There is not much you can do. But: maybe you could incombine afew of your meals; eg mix proteins with carbs. This always makes it harder to lose weight.
Let me get this straight. Â He wants to gain weight. And you think it's silly to suggest eating more? I have a fast metabolism too. Â I'm gaining weight just fine. Â I work out however, and my diet is flawless.
Don't even bother man, I don't want to hear the wheatgrass manifesto again, and I definitely don't want the pictures again.

marc37

Reaction score
my diet is flawless.
And what do you mean by flawless. Be careful here because if you are not correct l will eat you alive. When it comes to health knowledge, l am a GOD... WHAT IS A FLAWLESS DIET??? Read this and weep. http://66.170.193.77/cgi-bin....;t=3575 Dr Anne Wigmore is a GOD.
wigmore50sb.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ln Campbells Creek there is a water tank in the middle of no-where: it is completely sealed and has no water run-offs to fill the tank up. The strange thing is that the tank is always full and it has the cleanest water you have ever seen. l have checked for underwater pumps but there are none. As soon as you get to the place a massive euphoria overcomes you and you feel incredibly happy and at peace. Every person that drinks the water overcomes some health problem. lt heals people. A person tried to sell the water, but it went off/foul. lt keeps longer than normal water in sealed containers. Campbells creek is also on the energy grid. U.F.O's frequent C.Creek.
Maybe you could drink some of this magic water and it will make you gain some weight.
smile.gif

Debaser

Reaction score
(Debaser @ Feb. 17 2005,16:03) my diet is flawless.
And what do you mean by flawless. Be careful here because if you are not correct l will eat you alive. When it comes to health knowledge, l am a GOD... WHAT IS A FLAWLESS DIET??? Read this and weep. http://66.170.193.77/cgi-bin....;t=3575 Dr Anne Wigmore is a GOD.
wigmore50sb.jpg

My protein generally comes from organic, free-range meats like buffalo, grass-fed beef, etc. Carbohydrates are either from vegetables (non-starch), I limit most fruits to berries only, and blueberries I get are wild. When I'm doing endurance training I start to add in grains. Fats are from pharmaceutical grade Searslab fish oil, Coconut oil, flaxseed oil or extra-virgin olive oil. Your diet is painfully deficient in meat. We are SUPPOSED TO EAT MEAT. Do some paleolithic research.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by marc37:
biggrin.gif
Further discussions/debates of 'validity' of his 'wheatgrass' diet: Styleforum discussion And from the National Council Against Health Fraud: NCAHF Wheatgrass diet critique Marc, stop smokin' the stuff..
tounge.gif

MPS

Reaction score
"Shooman",

Is that a photo of Anne Wigmore? I always thought it was of you before you went bald.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Shooman",

Is that a photo of Anne Wigmore? I always thought it was of you before you went bald.
I am glad at least to know who that woman is. I (quite honestly) thought it was someone, umm...related to Marc. But it would have been rude to have spoken it in polite company.

Ah let's not be too hard on old Shooman. He's a good lad. I admire him very much for his fanatical resistance to the wrong sorts of shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads