• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need tips for casual streetwear.

Surreal

Reaction score
Ok, I must admit that I'm not a style/fashion expert, but I'd like to look good, and I think I could improve my style, but not sure how exactly.

I already know that I should change the belt and I will, but what about denim, jacket, shoes?

I could use some constructive critique but if you do, please also recommend me what should I change/keep in my wardrobe.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Your belt buckle looks like you press it to activate some sort of superpower. I don't know if "teen superhero" is the look you're going for, but that's what I thought from the belt.

Also, if you're looking for advice, you need to lurk and post in the appropriate threads. There's 3 stickied threads specifically for noobs, and if you read the WAYWT thread you can get ideas from other people's outfits.

Surreal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
Your belt buckle looks like you press it to activate some sort of superpower. I don't know if "teen superhero" is the look you're going for, but that's what I thought from the belt.

Also, if you're looking for advice, you need to lurk and post in the appropriate threads. There's 3 stickied threads specifically for noobs, and if you read the WAYWT thread you can get ideas from other people's outfits.

Yeah, I know that the belt is ****, but what about the rest of the clothing?

I've browsed through all those threads before, but I want to know specifically about this outfit.

I don't think it looks that bad, but it's not great either.

Yeah, disregard the belt.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can try posting here if you want suggestions: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=164384 I think the outfit on the right side with the black tee looks OK. I personally wouldn't tuck in the t shirt just to show off the belt buckle though. The jeans look to fit you properly as well, although some may prefer a bit of breaking so they can stack up a bit for a more casual appeal. The outfit on the left...the first thing I thought of was L.L. Bean for some reason. Maybe not 'hip' enough for this subforum...MC perhaps? haha.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw you on /fa/ asking the same q, lol.

Surreal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I just saw you on /fa/ asking the same q, lol.
I know, I posted there, too. But honestly, I think this forum can give me better advice.
The outfit on the left...the first thing I thought of was L.L. Bean for some reason. Maybe not 'hip' enough for this subforum...MC perhaps? haha.
It's not L.L.Beam. I don't even know who they are. It's PELO shirt. I really like it. It's refreshing and I think it makes the whole look more interesting. My thoughts.

Surreal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
lol @ going to 4chan for advice

They gave me some good advice as well, but yeah, I will stick to this forum from now on.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not L.L.Beam. I don't even know who they are. It's PELO shirt. I really like it. It's refreshing and I think it makes the whole look more interesting. My thoughts.
Nothing is wrong with the outfit per se, but it looks like it belongs on a man in his 30s and up. I assume you're still relatively young so you may want to spaz it up a bit for the casual look. Maybe it's the cut of the jacket? Maybe the rise on the jeans is too high? My thoughts.

Surreal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Nothing is wrong with the outfit per se, but it looks like it belongs on a man in his 30s and up. I assume you're still relatively young so you may want to spaz it up a bit for the casual look. Maybe it's the cut of the jacket? Maybe the rise on the jeans is too high? My thoughts.

Ah, you are talking about the first pic. Don't you think it could be the checkered shirt? It looks kind of "old". I'm not wearing it anymore.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree about that first pic. The high rise + shirt + jeans with no break is an outfit I'd imagine older folks wearing.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you have a good sense of fit, and your stuff is not bad at all.

i would change the shoes and get a simpler belt

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In order of urgency....

1. Get rid of the gold medallion belt buckle. Only older country/western guys who sport dated looking mustaches wear stuff like that.

2. Stop tucking your shirt into your jeans. It conveys too fussy and uptight of an attitude for such a casual looking outfit. Also, fussy and uptight are often synonymous with "older".

3. Get new jeans with lower rise, longer inseam, slight amount of taper in the lower leg, and let them stack at the bottom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads