• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Help with a Wedding Outfit

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
so,

I have a wedding (black tie-ish) next week. I need to piece together an outfit. so far, i have this Zegna Jacket (which was very cheap and I'm kind of afraid it's fake but whatever)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

then I have this Purple label tie
http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-PUR...item5635e76ad0

and black trickers boots.

any help with what kind of pants, shirt I could do? i'm looking around for cheap purple label on ebay and stuff, but any suggestions/critiques would be welcome!

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like you bought a tux jacket without the pants.....Either go black tie or not, piecemeal will just look awkward.

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
yeah. it's a definite piece meal situation. i thought it was kind of a dinner jacket thing. my budget was about 250 altogether. you guys don't think grey slacks would work under it?

lets say I have to keep the jacket. what would be the best way to go. pants wise? i'm already doing white shirt with nice black tie.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by downwithianbrown
so,

I have a wedding (black tie-ish) next week. I need to piece together an outfit. so far, i have this Zegna Jacket (which was very cheap and I'm kind of afraid it's fake but whatever)

and black trickers boots.

any help with what kind of pants, shirt I could do? i'm looking around for cheap purple label on ebay and stuff, but any suggestions/critiques would be welcome!

What would make you think its fake??? Looks real. Don't always think its fake when its cheap.

I'm not sure what trickers boots are specifically, but if there just like any other boots, why would you wear them to a wedding with a tux jacket? Am I missing something?

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
they are these exact boots but in black http://www.wesellshoes.com/products_...boot_thumb.jpg mainly cus theyre the only dressier shoes I have. if the pant leg goes down it would just look like a nice dress shoe, IMO. I dress in a semi-eclectic fashion so I'm just trying to piece together the items I have into something appopriate and respectful for a wedding. yeah, It was just the price that had me worried it was fake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads