Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need Help - Slimmer fitting dress shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by EssArTee4, Jan 25, 2013.

1. EssArTee4

EssArTee4 Member

Hello everyone.

Looking for some guidance here. Hope i am in the correct place.

So i have a hard time finding shirts that fir perfect. These are for work, which is in high end retail. Im not looking to spend $100 on a shirt or really have it tailored due to me being kind of rough on them during the day.

I am 29 5"11 and about 175 lbs.

Normal dress shirts fit me too baggy - way too baggy.

I have some Express shirts in "fitted" and they are close however i feel a bit too snug. Now their Modern Fit is a bit too loose.

On the other hand, the Express "photographer" slim fit pants fit amazing.

So i began to experiment with other brands.
    I have never shopped with Charles Tyrwhitt however they seemed decent from my Google search. I have two shirts coming from them in their Slim Cut - should be here anyday. Hoping they fit the bill

I also ordered two shirts from Jos. A. Bank. One in Slim Fit. It was too baggy so i sent it back
    Also ordered one in Tailored fit - it has not arrived yet. Once again keeping fingers crossed.

Any recommendations?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013

2. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Also in the sub $100 range, Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit. Good quality for the price, but patterns/colors can be limited at times..

4. EssArTee4

EssArTee4 Member

Thanks for the response!

I was just browsing their site actually. Is the Extra Slim - not really extra slim? Like i said the Express Fitted shirt is a bit too slim. Maybe i will order a slim and extra slim to try.

I do like more Purple and fun shirts but also like to look professional. Any more suggestions?

5. EssArTee4

EssArTee4 Member

my CT Slim shirts came and fit pretty good, may have them taken in a bit, going to try their tailored fit one

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013