• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help from you Western Canucks

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Headed to Edmonton on business next week. Haven't been there since about 1992. Where to eat/drink/carouse/debauche/etc.

Only there for two nights and the first is taken up mostly by a client dinner.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Age/demographic and what do you like? Options are pretty limited to Downtown and Whyte.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya, you can not have fun here. Impossible. May as well not even try.
rolleyes.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Headed to Edmonton on business next week. Haven't been there since about 1992. Where to eat/drink/carouse/debauche/etc. Only there for two nights and the first is taken up mostly by a client dinner.
If I were you I'd stay at the Fairmont McDonald Hotel...Probably the nicest hotel in Edmonton and if the weather is nice you need to have lunch on the patio. Nicest view in Edmonton! Restaurants (In no particular order): 1. Culina Mill Creek - 5 minutes from downtown. A quaint little neighbourhood restaurant with good food. The best part about this place is the wine bar next door. Fantastic place for a glass of wine post dinner (or any other time). 2. Than Than Oriental Noodle House - 5 minutes from downtown. Bar none the best Asian food I've ever head. I just spent the weekend in vegas and went to a chinese restaurant that cost $100 a person. It wasn't as good as this place. Try the beef in black been sauce and the honey glazed chicken. It will change your life. A good option for lunch. 3. Transcend Coffee Garnaeu - 5 minutes from downtown. Can't really get a meal here but the coffee is sublime. Their barrista's compete in events all over the world. 4. Red Ox Inn - 15 minutes from downtown. Routinely rated as the best restaurant in Edmonton. Make reservations. 5. New York Bagel - 10 minutes from downtown. Small little restaurant just off whyte avenue. It's got the best breakfast in Edmonton. Order the french toast and a house coffee. Drink 1. The Sugarbowl - 5 minutes from downtown. Okay so technically it's a restaurant but it's got a pretty impressive beer selection and a patio. Definitely has a hipster vibe to it. 2. Red Star Pub - Downtown. I've yet to make it here yet but I've got a couple friends who love this place. It's a "watering hole for the city's fashion, beauty and restaurant industry workers". 3. Bibo - 5 minutes from downtown. This is the aforementioned wine bar. It's a real hole in the wall: it only seats about 10 people but it's got a good wine selection and tasty appetizers. Carouse 1. Art Gallary of Alberta - Just opened up a few months ago. Architecturally the most significant building in Edmonton. Good place to kill some time. Just so you know though, the restaurant located in the gallary hasn't been getting very good reviews. You've been warned. 2. West Edmonton Mall - I'm sure you've been. If not, check it out. I'm sure I can come up with other suggestions. What do you like doing? Debauche I dunno. I have a girlfriend.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Calgary, so I stay in Edmonton a couple of times a year.

If it's not for business and you don't need to stay downtown, I really like staying at the Metterra (approx $200/night) on Whyte. Fairly modern boutiquesh (such a thing). For food we usually go down the block to Murriettas ($20-$35 plate). Lots of pubs and martini places around there as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads