• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need beautiful leather sofas

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The custom sofa places I know in NYC are Classic Sofa http://www.classicsofa.com/ and if you want a sleeper Carlyle Sofa http://www.carlylesofa.com/

You should see if they are reasonable choices for you. I've been to their showrooms but I haven't seen a drool worthy sofa. OTOH Thomas O'Brien's Aero Studios in Soho I like a lot. http://www.aerostudios.com/

I think they source their work toHickory Chair but you can customize your design.

If you are truly hardcore, you should ask your question at the NY portal of apartmenttherapy.com. They can probably lead you in the right direction.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
You are among the dumbest people on the internet.

I'm guessing by the fact that you think that Toronto is great, that you are poor, have not travelled much and are probably poorly educated, most likely at a mediocre canadian institution. You are indeed a small timer
And that has to be one of the dumbest lines on the internet, with the usual summing up and insults when you have not the faintest clue about someone. You are just cringingly juvenile aren't you?

I was not refering to what you posted as homely. I was refering to those orange couches that someone suggested earlier. I don't need you to expand my horizons.
I thought they were supposed to be "hideous"? But matter it doesn't...Ward Bennett or Togo...anybody who thinks either classic is homely or hideous, is indeed in need of some sophistication. You do need me (or someone) to expand your horizons... you just can't get over your childish, defensive attitude long enough to accept that fact. Or at the very least, have the maturity to simply be gracious about disagreeing with someone.

Stop following me around
Following you around??? Just because I'm mature enough to offer honest opinions in one thread, without carrying over a grudge from a second thread hardly makes me a stalker. Two threads of yours I offered honest advice as they were topics of personal interest...both of which you managed to degrade into a juvenile schoolyard bickering match without provocation.

Personally, I think you are better suited to just move back to mommy and daddy's house, rather than try and recreate it. Give me their number, and I will tell them to teach you a few manners this time around.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freshcutgrass
And that has to be one of the dumbest lines on the internet, with the usual summing up and insults when you have not the faintest clue about someone. You are just cringingly juvenile aren't you?

I thought they were supposed to be "hideous"? But matter it doesn't...Ward Bennett or Togo...anybody who thinks either classic is homely or hideous, is indeed in need of some sophistication. You do need me (or someone) to expand your horizons... you just can't get over your childish, defensive attitude long enough to accept that fact. Or at the very least, have the maturity to simply be gracious about disagreeing with someone.

Following you around??? Just because I'm mature enough to offer honest opinions in one thread, without carrying over a grudge from a second thread hardly makes me a stalker. Two threads of yours I offered honest advice as they were topics of personal interest...both of which you managed to degrade into a juvenile schoolyard bickering match without provocation.

Personally, I think you are better suited to just move back to mommy and daddy's house, rather than try and recreate it. Give me their number, and I will tell them to teach you a few manners this time around.

Please. I know what Ward Bennet is, you haven't educated me in the slightest. You made an assumption that I had no clue what you were talking about, then said that I'm lacking in sophistication (hilarious comming from you). Keep in mind that in the toronto thread, I was not the first one to laugh at the "real toronto" bit. Go back and read again. In any case, you're useless. I appreciate any advice but not when it is given in a patronizing way. Don't make assumptions about my taste or 'sophistication'. I've been involved in the creation of something that I've seen you blabbing about on this forum so you really don't know who you're talking about.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
horton suggested a leather sofa maker that was quite reputable, but I forget the name. PM that guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads