1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Suit Quick

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by screwdriver, Dec 10, 2012.

1. screwdriver

screwdriver Member

Hey, guys. Due to an accident with my old black suit, I find myself needing a new one for an event this week.

This suit is mainly for weddings/funerals/etc. I think my price range is around $1000, and I'm hoping to get something decent. Unfortunately, I need it quick, and there aren't a whole lot of decent menswear stores around me (Pittsburgh area).

Also, I'm a fairly slim/athletic guy. So, I was hoping for something that fits well for my body type. Do you guys have any suggestions?

2. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I hear that alien guts stains don't come out. For 1K, you can get a pretty nice suit. How much time do you have?

3. screwdriver

screwdriver Member

Haha, close. It was a careless moving accident that I'm not proud of.

Anyway, I need it by Thursday.

4. screwdriver

screwdriver Member

Looks like I'm pretty stuck. Either I can pay retail for something at Nordstrom or get a 2-for-1 at Men's Wearhouse. Unfortunately, I can't see any other options for this time frame.

5. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

For a grand? Go to Brooks Brothers and get yourself something actually decent. They could probably also find a way to get the alterations turned around in time. Pittsburgh is a pretty good sized city, I'd be shocked if there wasn't one there. Navy or Charcoal this time, of course.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  6. screwdriver

screwdriver Member

Hmm... I hadn't thought about that one. There's one fairly close, so I'll check them out tomorrow. Thanks!

The other places I looked had Boss suits, the Joseph Abboud one from Men's Wearhouse, and a Canali that was about $500 too high for something I only wear a handful of times every year. So, that's pretty much what I have to choose from.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  7. screwdriver

screwdriver Member

I did, just for comparison purposes. They had one there that actually fit really well. With their "buy one get one free" promo that's running, they're actually WAY under my budget. Not sure how the quality compares, though.

8. mandjo

mandjo Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll find a suit appropriate for you in Nordstrom, try calling them first to maximize your time.

9. screwdriver

screwdriver Member

The only one I liked at Nordstrom was one of the more modern cut Boss suits, which fit really well.

10. screwdriver

screwdriver Member

Hey - I just wanted to say thanks. I ended up heading there today & the very first suit they tried was perfect. They'll have it ready in time, and the fitting was a very pleasant experience.

Thanks again!

11. jcarlson08

jcarlson08 New Member

Just wanted to chime in and second this advice, even though you already followed it, for anyone else who might need it. I've had Brooks Brother's finish alterations on a suit I bought there in less than 24 hours for an event. They have great service.