• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need a 48R Sportcoat quickly! Suggestions?

southbound35

Reaction score
I have an event on Friday evening for which I need a sportcoat.

I'm on the upper end of my weight continuum and I just discovered the one sportcoat that fits well has moth damage.

I saw on the Steals and Deals forum that Saks and NM have "secret" sales on Wednesday of this week, so I'll probably check one today and the other tomorrow (separate malls in Dallas).

Any places online I should check? I'm looking through STP now, but haven't seen anything that is doing it for me.

I prefer three button with a two button stance and side vents, though I'm not married to that idea since time is of the essence. I'd prefer something fall-ish. I could even go for a plain navy. I'd prefer to buy something from mid-to-good quality with a soft maximum of $1,000. If there was something outstanding for slightly more, I would consider it.

I should be able to get by with minor alterations (sleeve lenth, possibly overall length) for the event and could have some more tweaking done later.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Cross-posted on AAAC.

southbound35

Reaction score
That is a very nice jacket. I sent you a PM. Are you that reputable seller?

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope! Not me. I've bought from him before, as have a number of other members.

Buttonholes do not look cut, so you could have it altered pretty easily. But I'd be a little wary of the timeline. That shouldn't keep you from buying the coat, though. It's a beauty, and if it was in my size, I would have already bought it!

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben is awesome, I have bought a few items from him and he is always perfect.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 246 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40