• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a 48R Sportcoat quickly! Suggestions?

southbound35

Reaction score
I have an event on Friday evening for which I need a sportcoat.

I'm on the upper end of my weight continuum and I just discovered the one sportcoat that fits well has moth damage.

I saw on the Steals and Deals forum that Saks and NM have "secret" sales on Wednesday of this week, so I'll probably check one today and the other tomorrow (separate malls in Dallas).

Any places online I should check? I'm looking through STP now, but haven't seen anything that is doing it for me.

I prefer three button with a two button stance and side vents, though I'm not married to that idea since time is of the essence. I'd prefer something fall-ish. I could even go for a plain navy. I'd prefer to buy something from mid-to-good quality with a soft maximum of $1,000. If there was something outstanding for slightly more, I would consider it.

I should be able to get by with minor alterations (sleeve lenth, possibly overall length) for the event and could have some more tweaking done later.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Cross-posted on AAAC.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A GORGEOUS jacket from a reputable seller at an a phenomenal price:
http://store.ehaberdasher.com/Detail.bok?no=1013

smile.gif

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope! Not me. I've bought from him before, as have a number of other members.

Buttonholes do not look cut, so you could have it altered pretty easily. But I'd be a little wary of the timeline. That shouldn't keep you from buying the coat, though. It's a beauty, and if it was in my size, I would have already bought it!

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben is awesome, I have bought a few items from him and he is always perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads