• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor Alternative

Snazzy

Reaction score
Hello

I was using Joe Hemrajani at MyTailor for some time. After our dress code at work changed I didn’t order for some time but I’m now in the market for some some suits and shirts. It appears MyTailor is no longer in business. I was trying to look through SF for an alternative traveling tailor but I’m mostly finding locations the HK that you must travel to.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to MyTailor that travels? I’m in the NYC metro area.

Thanks

IKant

Reaction score
Hello

I was using Joe Hemrajani at MyTailor for some time. After our dress code at work changed I didn’t order for some time but I’m now in the market for some some suits and shirts. It appears MyTailor is no longer in business. I was trying to look through SF for an alternative traveling tailor but I’m mostly finding locations the HK that you must travel to.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to MyTailor that travels? I’m in the NYC metro area.

Thanks
Budd is very good and should be in NYC soon. If you send an email or IG message, someone will give you the NYC schedule. If you want local try CEGO on 23rd and/or Ascot Chang near Central Park. I use all three, always with exemplary results.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello

Thanks
MyTailor still exists. Divij took it over and renamed it as Divij Bespoke. Believe they still go to NY.

Otherwise just about every tailor that do trunk shows visit NYC on their visits depending on what style/region you’re after and price point. Tons of Savile Row firms and Neapolitans go through regularly.

Snazzy

Reaction score
When I asked Divij they told me they are using a high end bespoke sales model which isn’t what Joe was doing.

“Thank you for contacting us. Divij Bespoke focuses more on Bespoke full hand made garments.”

Also I should probably be more clear. I’m not looking for Savile Row cost. I’d like somethign towards the price and quality of MyTailor.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I asked Divij they told me they are using a high end bespoke sales model which isn’t what Joe was doing.

“Thank you for contacting us. Divij Bespoke focuses more on Bespoke full hand made garments.”

Also I should probably be more clear. I’m not looking for Savile Row cost. I’d like somethign towards the price and quality of MyTailor.
I have no idea what mytailor’s cost was but Redmayne MTM and Steed Semi-Bespoke are very approachable and Divij shirts start at $150 or so if I recall and suits around the $12-1300 mark if you were looking on that entry level pricing.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don’t think the pricing has changed much, my suits have all been sub $2K, my shirts ~$200, and my sport coats are about $1400

elflord1973

Reaction score
I checked the price I paid on an order in 2014 and it was 1109 for the jacket. They are not that much more expensive than that today (at least from what I see on the website) especially when you consider the amount of inflation in the last couple of years. The main thing that looks different (again, based on the website) is that you're not getting a shirt for less than $100 any more. I would recommend cottonwork.com instead for custom shirts that are well priced (Hemrajani used to be priced close to parity with them) . Last two orders I got from there were a linen suit and a wool jacket (both scabal fabric) around 2017/2018 , the suit was 2200, the jacket was 1449. Both seem comparable to what they are charging now, back then Dvij was the main person who I discussed orders with. btw at least last I talked to them they could make clothing in pretty much any fabric you could name (e.g. I wanted particular scabal or holland and sherry fabrics)

So to sum it up I'd still recommend them for suits or jackets, I'm not sure it would be my first choice for shirts, though they do have some offerings a little over 100

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads