• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new suit from Suit Supply, your thoughts?

Evergreen88

Reaction score
Personally I think the suit fits you well.

You look like a young fit guy and that suit compliments your build. The sleeves might be 1 cm too short but it's not the end of the world, it still looks nice.

It's just a matter of preference, this is a slim cut, if you like slim cuts just enjoy it!

emptym

Reaction score
I think it looks fine too. As people have said, SS makes trendy suits. And I think trendy suits are fine for young guys.
ayyy lmao

that’s correct posture I guess? The lapels are fine on the 42R jacket
I agree that it looks better on the 42. But I don't think it's correct posture. I think young guys do it to look large, swoll, jacked, or whatever. It was first pointed out to me in high school. I was on the football team, and when we were having our pictures taken for the yearbook, a lot of guys struck that pose. One coach (a priest, former Green Beret, and Vietnam vet, whom we all admired) pointed it out. He said we didn't look big, but dumb, and, in fact, it makes one look small because it makes one's shoulders look narrower.

In addition to causing the lapels to bow in some of your pics, its also causing what is sometimes called shoulder divots and the twisting of the fabric on your sleeves.

Rufian

Reaction score
I think it looks fine too. As people have said, SS makes trendy suits. And I think trendy suits are fine for young guys.

I agree that it looks better on the 42. But I don't think it's correct posture. I think young guys do it to look large, swoll, jacked, or whatever. It was first pointed out to me in high school. I was on the football team, and when we were having our pictures taken for the yearbook, a lot of guys struck that pose. One coach (a priest, former Green Beret, and Vietnam vet, whom we all admired) pointed it out. He said we didn't look big, but dumb, and, in fact, it makes one look small because it makes one's shoulders look narrower.

In addition to causing the lapels to bow in some of your pics, it's also causing what is sometimes called shoulder divots and twisting of the fabric on the sleeves.

I almost always look like that even when I'm not posing. I used to be sloucher and walk looking to the ground as teen. Makes you look taller, well not really but you look your actual height.

Your coach was wrong. If youre slouching and your shoulder are rolled forward, you look smaller, if you stand straight with shoulder a bit more open, makes you look wider, that's common sense. There are some guys who exaggerate that pose though and have that invisible lat syndrome ,that's what your coach referred to I guess

emptym

Reaction score
He wouldn't want the shoulders to be rolled forward, just down and relaxed -- kind of a happy medium between pulled back and rolled forward. The other thing is the arms akimbo element. He called it the gunslinger pose. Seems designed to look ready for action. (That or you just need to air out your armpits. :)) Of course, large and ready for action are things young guys generally want to be, so it makes sense that they'd adopt that pose for pics.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost always look like that even when I'm not posing. I used to be sloucher and walk looking to the ground as teen. Makes you look taller, well not really but you look your actual height.

Your coach was wrong. If youre slouching and your shoulder are rolled forward, you look smaller, if you stand straight with shoulder a bit more open, makes you look wider, that's common sense. There are some guys who exaggerate that pose though and have that invisible lat syndrome ,that's what your coach referred to I guess

You're one of the most disagreeable people I've ever come across. Almost every time someone has offered you advice, you've disagreed and offered some ridiculous opinion that invariably proves to be wrong.

Your "do you know where the weight room is?" pose looks silly and compromises the jacket. That isnt how you would stand naturally. You asked in yet another thread if this forum is too critical. I'm beginning to wonder if you're just an exhausting person by nature. The evidence is mounting...

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're one of the most disagreeable people I've ever come across. Almost every time someone has offered you advice, you've disagreed and offered some ridiculous opinion that invariably proves to be wrong.

Your "do you know where the weight room is?" pose looks silly and compromises the jacket. That isnt how you would stand naturally. You asked in yet another thread if this forum is too critical. I'm beginning to wonder if you're just an exhausting person by nature. The evidence is mounting...
He’s really just trolling at this point

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I think the suit fits you well.

You look like a young fit guy and that suit compliments your build. The sleeves might be 1 cm too short but it's not the end of the world, it still looks nice.

It's just a matter of preference, this is a slim cut, if you like slim cuts just enjoy it!
What Evergreen 88 said. Your over thinking it. Suit looks fine.

Hellbent

Reaction score
I agree that the jacket looks slightly too short. Basically it should be long enough as to cover your rear. Longer than that is about adapting for your style and body specifics. Sometimes style takes priority and you see shorter men wearing long jackets which make them look smaller etc.

Rufian

Reaction score
So I'm sending back the short jacket, once they receive it, they will ship me an unaltered 42R Lazio jacket and I'll post the photos here. I'm reluctant to take in the waist this time as it would make the hips flare out unless the bottom of the jacket is taken in as well which is a lot more work

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm reluctant to take in the waist this time as it would make the hips flare out unless the bottom of the jacket is taken in as well which is a lot more work

Really think you should just find a good tailor and stop trying to micromanage the process. Don't assume you know more than a good tailor. If you don't have a good tailor, any info you find here or online will be mostly useless. The goal is to learn what you can online to help you find a good tailor, but in the end, you just need to find a good tailor.

If you find a good tailor, and just let him or her do their work, without you interjecting, you will likely come out with something good.

Rufian

Reaction score
Really think you should just find a good tailor and stop trying to micromanage the process. Don't assume you know more than a good tailor. If you don't have a good tailor, any info you find here or online will be mostly useless. The goal is to learn what you can online to help you find a good tailor, but in the end, you just need to find a good tailor.

If you find a good tailor, and just let him or her do their work, without you interjecting, you will likely come out with something good.

but what could they really alter to make the jacket better though

like you said taking in the waist will; make the hips flare out unless the bottom area is also taken in

I'll probably just wear it without alterations and stop obsessing over suits

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads