• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My kind of Blog.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guys seems like the annoited succesor to The London Lounge. He's sharpening his skills at this stage.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
They're all platinum, but here's today's nugget for you lazy ass clickers, you hold it in your hands dickers:

**** Yeah Menswear - Nov 3

tumblr_lbbkq0r5Vb1qetbkqo1_500.jpg

Haha He should have named this post "Grayson" - Marc gave an interview one time where he said that one whole room of his Manhattan apartment had been taken over by bespoke suits.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
This guys seems like the annoited succesor to The London Lounge. He's sharpening his skills at this stage.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No homme-o.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Haha He should have named this post "Grayson" - Marc gave an interview one time where he said that one whole room of his Manhattan apartment had been taken over by bespoke suits.

Some people are just psychos...

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEARTLESS-531
Do any of you F***ers work? You know....a job??

Actually, yes. Yes I do. Is that hard to believe(?)

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Some people are just psychos...

OK but just objectively speaking, his wardrobe is pure insanity. There's ample evidence of that floating around the internets and spanning a bevy of chat rooms. Bottom line, the guy has had enough bespoke sewn for him to fill 20 or 30 good lifetimes.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK but just objectively speaking, his wardrobe is pure insanity. There's ample evidence of that floating around the internets and spanning a bevy of chat rooms. Bottom line, the guy has had enough bespoke sewn for him to fill 20 or 30 good lifetimes.

I'm a bit unbalanced myself but that's psychotic behaviour.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

"When Marc Grayson brought his new girlfriend to his apartment, all she could say was 'Oh, my.' Inside Grayson's two-bedroom New York City pad were two walk-in closets overflowing with clothes, and the extra bedroom was full of commercial garment racks loaded with suits, sportcoats and slacks.

"Grayson (his username on various men's fashion forums) has an entire room devoted to his 50 custom-made suits, 50 sportcoats, 40 high-end shoes and 100 neckties, which he estimates total some $300,000 in sartorial expenditure."

I'm floored. Wait...false alarm.

Whew...that was close.

- B

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next article...

Jan Libourel’s wife doesn’t like his clothes. She doesn’t like his two-tone Allen Edmonds shoes, she rolls her eyes over his silk pocket squares, and if he wears an ascot she’s afraid to be seen with him.

But there’s one thing she really hates: The fact that Libourel — a former professor of ancient history and noted gun authority — spends up to 2 1/2 hours a day discussing men’s clothing on the Internet. “She regards it as highly eccentric and time-wasting,” says the 64-year-old Long Beach resident. “I say, ‘It’s not as if I’m on some Appreciation site,’ and she says, ‘That would be normal.”

While some men go online to discuss cars, sports and electronics, a small but growing number are logging on to debate shirt collar styles, the virtues of a Neapolitan shoulder, and whether or not it’s gauche to leave the last button on a custom suit sleeve undone.

This is the often sophisticated and occasionally pathetic world of men’s clothing forums, where guys who are clothes obsessed find sanctuary from a society they say regards them as effeminate poppinjays. Combined, the four best-known men’s clothing forums boast over 10,000 members, plus countless more regular visitors eager to debate whether Brioni suits are superior to Kiton, and whether socks should match shoes or pants.

Wow, nobody understands.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
"When Marc Grayson brought his new girlfriend to his apartment, all she could say was 'Oh, my.' Inside Grayson's two-bedroom New York City pad were two walk-in closets overflowing with clothes, and the extra bedroom was full of commercial garment racks loaded with suits, sportcoats and slacks.

"Grayson (his username on various men's fashion forums) has an entire room devoted to his 50 custom-made suits, 50 sportcoats, 40 high-end shoes and 100 neckties, which he estimates total some $300,000 in sartorial expenditure."

I'm floored. Wait...false alarm.

Whew...that was close.

- B

2 bedroom apartment?

Only 50 bespoke suits?

You mustn't be far from that figure Vox...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads