• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Janzten - please critique

Nonk

Reaction score
Always these rules about what shirt is appropriate with what... I just go by what looks good with what.
So do I.

Pockets do not look good with a suit and tie.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blaidan
Ok, now I am more informed about pockets. I'm always learning something new on this forum.

The one thing no one has answered deals with the yoke size. Will decreasing the shoulder measurement reduce the yoke?

Thanks.

Decreasing the shoulder measurement will decrease the yoke. I am trying to help, but makeing an assesment based on three photos is not the best way to go.

Jantzen measurement disasters are not uncommon.
Think about your job. would you want a custom shirtmaker defending you in court or programming your computer?

I am not saying that any of you guys could not become Shirtmakers, just that you don't learn how to do this overnight.

Carl

mumbojumbo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
I suggest you actually tell us what the problems with it were. Many forum members here have bought from Jantzen and also very high end makers and not had much to gripe about comparing the two. Additionally, you should always seek to have a problem fixed. Ricky would surely listen.

Problems (have told them in some other thread already): One misaligned collar stay pocket, untidy bottom hemline seam, one misaligned gusset, pilling fabric and some loose threads.

high end makers: Disregarding fit, i dont think that anyone would seriously rank jantzen at roughly same level as those makers (usual suspects like barba, borrelli, etc.).

Fixing problems: I dont want to throw good money (shipping to HK, phonecalls) after bad money (initial shirt price). I just charged it off as learning expenses.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
****. I better drop my pocketed shirt and regular dinner trouser ways.
confused.gif
EDIT: On the subject of chest pockets... nobody pays any damn attention to them. Especially when there's a jacket over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads