1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

My First Brioni

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Connemara, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Better than my first steps.[​IMG]

The following photos depict a gray Brioni sportcoat, wool/silk bend. Since I realize it isn't perfect, I'd like some comments on what should be tailored. To me, it seems the coat may be a touch too short. Is this correct? I may let the sleeves out, since they too seem a bit short.

The pics aren't great, I'll get better ones up soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member

[​IMG]

Coat looks too short to me...
    Quite contemporary in a Thom Brown kind of way I guess...

3. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

yes, both the skirt and the sleeves are too short. unfortunately, the suit can't be lengthened. i wouldn't sweat it too much though, it's not a big deal. In fact, if you follow trends, coats have been on the short side for a while now...

definitely lengthen the sleeves though.

4. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

I'm no expert, but I agree that the coat appears to be too short on you. You aren't going to be able to remedy this by tailoring. The sleeves should be lengthened a bit (it would be easier to tell how much if you were wearing a dress shirt). It appears that the right sleeve is shorter than the left, but I'm not 100% positive on this because, in the picture, you are holding your left arm forward, which might have the effect of making this sleeve look longer. Also, from the picture, the right side of the coat hangs lower than the left. You can see that the lower button hangs lower than its corresponding button hole. Perhaps this is due to the way you are standing or perhaps the coat isn't sitting on your shoulders properly in the pictures.

Again, I'm no expert, so take all of the above with a grain of salt.

5. mtf

mtf Senior member

wear it with some trim fit pants and the slightly short jacket will look great. after you get the sleeves lengthened...

6. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Senior member

Have your tailor adjust the sleeve length. Step back into 1961 and enjoy La Dolce Vita! As advised in a previous post, wear some trim pants. You'll be kilometers ahead of the crowd.

7. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

Don't feel bad. At least you didn't pay $4k for it like Thom Browne's customers.

8. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Is the skirt short enough to make it look absurd?

If I can let the sleeves out enough (looks like there's enough material), I may keep the sportcoat. If not...bye bye, Brioni!

Does it fit alright thru the shoulders and chest?

9. Vaclav

Vaclav Senior member

Does it fit alright thru the shoulders and chest?

This does not fit your style, as I saw before.

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

This does not fit your style, as I saw before.

I don't confine my style to strictly neo-Trad, as you saw in the members thread.

11. Ed13

Ed13 Senior member

I wasn't going to say absurd but since you asked I have to agree. It looks like something you grew out of years ago. The worst part about the jacket is the waist which looks like it is up around your ribcage.

Send the jacket back from where it came.

12. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I would definitely consider returning it, but this seller has an "all sales final" policy.

Ah well, back to eBay I suppose!