• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Experience with Blank Label

kjamesuvic

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Figured I would share my experience with Blank Label. If you're unaware, they do custom shirting for a relatively good price. Basically you send them your measurements (or one of your best fitting shirts) and they make the shirt to your specifications.

Their website (blanklabel.com) is very refined. You can use their interactive create-a-shirt tool to build a shirt and have a decent idea of what it will look like before you buy it.

They have a decent amount of fabrics available but lack customization options that some of their competitors provide. This doesn't upset me too much as I prefer a pretty plain shirt.

Now on to the shirts themselves. I've ordered three so far. The first is a fabric they no longer offer as of this writing. Cleveland Circle I believe its called. The shirt came in nice packaging and shipping was extremely fast (and free!). The fabric is soft and of good quality; about what you would expect from a $100 OTR shirt. It fit well through the body, but the arms are a touch baggy and the armholes low for my liking. Not to worry as I wrote their customer service asking if they would be willing to pay for a tailor to have them taken in; they happily obliged.

I decided to order a second shirt, this time with tighter biceps and higher armholes. I took an existing shirt that fits quite well and measured the biceps and armholes. I gave them my updated measurements and within two weeks the shirt was at my door. I tried it on and the shirt was to my biceps what 'nut-hugging' jeans are to your manhood. In addition, the armholes were lower than what I had requested by about 3/4 inch; not much but worth mentioning.

I was a little disappointed in the second shirt but still had faith in the company, so I took the plunge and ordered a third one. This time I adjusted the biceps measurement to allow for a little more room in the arm. I just received it in the mail today and am thoroughly displeased. The arms are tighter (yes, tighter) than on my previous shirt; even though I gave specific measurements to make them looser. In addition, the armholes are about 1 1/4 inch lower than what I had requested. I had also requested them to only stitch a single pleat under the shirt cuff to give the shirt a slimmer look around the lower fore-arm. They denied saying that the "tailors are pretty much committed to using two pleats."

I've yet to follow up with customer service on the issue. I might even decide to call it a day and move on.

zhanghagn0529

Reaction score
I stopped by their Boston showroom last week. Ended with ordering three shirts. Those guys are very nice. The fabric looks very nice. I will get my first one tomorrow and see how it works.

kjamesuvic

Reaction score
Did they take your measurements in person? If not, I wouldn't have ordered three right off the bat.

zhanghagn0529

Reaction score

Did they take your measurements in person? If not, I wouldn't have ordered three right off the bat.

Yes, they did. I ordered three cause there is 3 for $250 deal. Since I am a new custormer, they will make one of three first to see the fit. If it doesn't fit, they will remake it for free.

kjamesuvic

Reaction score

Yes, they did. I ordered three cause there is 3 for $250 deal. Since I am a new custormer, they will make one of three first to see the fit. If it doesn't fit, they will remake it for free.

That's a pretty good deal. Should get a pretty good fit if they take your measurements in person

kjamesuvic

Reaction score

I order all my shirts from there, I haven't had any complaints.

if you use this website: 
http://www.blanklabel.com/invitation/rda1c61 you get 35 dollars off your first purchase, Also I get 35 dollars off my next purchase too if someone uses it, wouldn't want anyone to think I was being generous >:)

You're lucky.

Got the remake of the third one in a few days ago (they remade it for free). The fit is better although the arms are still quite tight and measurements not what I wanted. Also, the quality of the fabric is quite poor and leaves a rash on my neck after a full day of wearing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads