• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 2 passions: Watches & Shoes (I)

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given your love of cordovan, I was surprised I didn't see any Carminas in your collection. No love for boots of Spanish leather?

septiembre

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Sorry because I don't know Spanish but outside of a couple of pictures, your nice watches and shoes don't match at all. Not that that it matter usually, but since that's the point you are trying to make, I'd wish you'd try a little more hard next time. However, a couple pictures are really, really nice.

I wasn't really trying to match them to be honest. Just to show 2 of my passions toguether. Obviously, with dress shoes I usually wear a suit and with a suit never big and sport watches.

I go more with my Patek or my Zenith. Only I do some exceptions with Tag Grand Carrera in brown, the Rolex air king and some others, but never the IWC's for example.

septiembre

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Given your love of cordovan, I was surprised I didn't see any Carminas in your collection. No love for boots of Spanish leather?

You are comletely right, I need desperately some Cordovan's for Carmina. I just a have a pair of nice bi-color (dark brown and suede), but it is one of my pending this. The price of them is not cheap though, as with the FX I can buy cheaper the Aldens and in pediwear the C&J...

Sometimes we never value what we have near.

Ziss

Reaction score
I enjoyed the pictures, thanks for posting! Would love to see the more, but maye you can translate the captions for next post?
smile.gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by septiembre
You are comletely right, I need desperately some Cordovan's for Carmina. I just a have a pair of nice bi-color (dark brown and suede), but it is one of my pending this. The price of them is not cheap though, as with the FX I can buy cheaper the Aldens and in pediwear the C&J...

Sometimes we never value what we have near.

Now I'm disappointed. I had understood that Carminas were the product of excellent craftsmanship and reasonably priced in their Spanish shops. I was hoping to buy a pair next time I go to Spain. Do you know their approximate cost? Their website does not list prices. I guess the strength of the Euro makes British and US shoes a relative bargain for you.

jhao

Reaction score
Excelente post, muy buena tu coleccion, sobre todo los relojes, es bueno saber que hay mas miembros que hablan español.

Swan Song

Reaction score
nice collection of shoes and watches

I never fail to sport a vintage pocketwatch and chain wihen wearing a vest.

An homage to my railroad working ancestors.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
All I was saying, is that from afar, all of your watches are sport watches with large round dials and gaudy faces, and your shoes are all cap toe non-brogued oxfords.

So? Way to go for pointing out the obvious. If that's what this particular gentleman prefers, then all power to him.

Lovely shoes and watches, septiembre. Thanks so much for sharing them with us here.

septiembre

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Now I'm disappointed. I had understood that Carminas were the product of excellent craftsmanship and reasonably priced in their Spanish shops. I was hoping to buy a pair next time I go to Spain. Do you know their approximate cost? Their website does not list prices. I guess the strength of the Euro makes British and US shoes a relative bargain for you.

I have the shop very near my office and they show the prices. Tell me what model you like and I'll tell you the price. Cordovans If I remember correctly are 475 euros. Leather 180-250.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by septiembre
I have the shop very near my office and they show the prices. Tell me what model you like and I'll tell you the price. Cordovans If I remember correctly are 475 euros. Leather 180-250.

I just wanted an approximate figure for cordovans on the Rain last. I might want a dress boot with Dainite soles. My wife's best friend lives outside of Marbella but unfortunately they no longer seem to have a shop in that area. I think you answered the question. I really enjoyed looking at your shoe collection. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads