• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM Shirts from Drinkwater's Cambridge, Boston

spitfirees20

Reaction score
I was in need of some MTM shirts in the Boston area, and I had heard great things about Drinkwater's Cambridge. Gary Drinkwater frequently posts on the forum and receives much praise, so I figured I'd stop by the shop to see what they offered. Gary greeted me immediately upon walking in, and he told me they were currently having a sale on Individualized Shirt Company shirts (buy 2 shirts with no upcharge for ordering less than 4 shirts), which was perfect for me to test out the proverbial MTM waters. I'm sure anyone familiar with the MTM process already knows all of the details: he showed me the fabric books and let me pick out ones that appealed to me, then told me all about the ones I picked out and what would be a good choice for what I was looking for. He then went through the measurements, collar choices, pocket choices, etc., and spent plenty of time at each step explaining all of the options. All in all, I ended up getting 2 shirts which should be ready in 3-4 weeks.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my experiences here in case anybody in Boston is looking for MTM shirts, or anything else for that matter (he carries a wide variety of products, but my wallet wouldn't be happy if I spent too much time looking around). I've tried online MTM (which turned out horrible), and I also frequently shop at the Brooks Brothers on Newbury Street, but the service is typical of any major retailer and I never felt they listened to what I was asking for. I really wish I'd have gone here sooner and gotten a product I was completely satisfied with. The service is phenomenal, Gary answered all of my questions and more, and I can't wait to check out the finished products.

boston009

Reaction score
What was the $ for 2 shirts? Please let us know how they turn out... (with photos, if you please)

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boston009
What was the $ for 2 shirts? Please let us know how they turn out... (with photos, if you please)

I don't know if if they want their prices out there on the internet, as there aren't any on their site. I'm sure you could give them a call and ask though.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two shirts could be as low as $200 or as much as $620, it all depends on the fabric you choose. Individualized Shirt Company has been having these promotions a couple of times a year. If you want be alerted when these promotions occur, simply visit our web site and leave your e-mail, we will contact you. You can also join our Facebook page. The promotions are 2 shirts w/ no cutting fee (Cutting fee imposed when less than the normal 4 shirt minimum at other times of the year) or 5 shirts and get your 6th with our compliments.

Spitfirees20, it was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for the great review.

Originally Posted by boston009

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads