• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM Chelsea Boots from Vietnam

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should be charging THEM for teaching them so well...heheheh

This looks TOTALLY worth going to vietnam for....

How long do you think it would take to make a last?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh my god those stern look-alikes are incredible! pics of the waist/sole/blake stitch treatment??

orlagu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
You should be charging THEM for teaching them so well...heheheh This looks TOTALLY worth going to vietnam for.... How long do you think it would take to make a last?
In my case, one week. Moderating/tweaking a current last takes about one hour if you can wait on site, and costs as much as a new last (VND150,000/$9).
Originally Posted by stickonatree
oh my god those stern look-alikes are incredible! pics of the waist/sole/blake stitch treatment??
Thank you. Here's the pic:
EG-RLPL_Stern_IMG_3505.jpg
I did wear them today, with white poplin dress shirt, light tan linen/cotton trousers and chocolate leather belt. Was kinda running some errands downtown, meeting friends at cafÃ
00a9.png
, window-shopping etc... And damn, teh gheys at those cosmetics booths kept checking me out
plain.gif
. They have Salvatore Ferragamo and A. Testoni in a mall here. Checked them out, and you guys know what I found? Most of the Ferragamo shoes were loafers and driving mocs (which are fugly as hell imho), the rest are a pair of oxford + a pair of chukka boot + a pair of monk (didn't bother to see the sole) and a pair of Lavorazione Originale jodhpur boot, retailed at $997 (wtf?!?). The Testoni collection was rather awful and overpriced as well.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Forumite whacked is guilty of this treachery
smile.gif
. .

For a while I thought you and whacked were the same person. Pretty wack.

For $60, damn good stuff. Holy crap.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
For a while I thought you and whacked were the same person. Pretty wack.

Too much coffee?

Jon.

confused.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Too much coffee?

Jon.

confused.gif

I rike you both. All three of you even (counting

Jon.)

binatang

Reaction score
Just got back my newest commission of a quarter brogue oxford.
Original last tweaked a little.
Shoe now has a wider forefoot, more prominent waisting & cleaner looking chisle toe.

2642228049_2ef3048625.jpg

2642228055_8c2e9be941.jpg

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These $60.00 MTM shoes must be the best value I've ever seen. I'd like to see some chelseas made on a more elegant last than the OP.

orlagu

Reaction score
Fourth commission at Lan's, tobacco full-brogue imitating a Vass U Budapest which von Rothbart posted sometime ago. Just picked up this evening, haven't polished them yet...
IMG_3555.jpg
IMG_3559.jpg
IMG_3562.jpg
This pair was made on another last, slightly improved from the previous one. Although I'm pretty happy with it overall, I think I'll probably pay my lastmaker another visit this Saturday to tweak them lasts a little bit.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
However cheap the materials may or may not be, the workmanship really looks pretty good to me. The stitching, the cutting, and the symmetry is really spot-on.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
They should pull some Jantzen maneuvers and start selling really cheap MTM shoes on the net.

Damn-- I would totally try out a couple pairs at 60 bucks a pop-- hell-- even 70 bucks!

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
Those sure are some nice looking shoes. 97 Le Thanh Ton? I'll definitely stop by some time in the next week or so to get a pair of oxfords. You wouldn't happen to know if they make anything that resembles a good pair of cowboy boots? Those are my trademark. I think I'm the only person in HCMC that wears them on a regular basis.

orlagu

Reaction score
I didn't recall any cowboy boots there, but they do make some bal boots and chukkas. Never seen any jodhpur though.
Off-topic: if I hadn't seen your pics/read your profile, I would have thought you were that guy, a 50-sth seems-to-be-a-vet American who resides here for years and always wear cowboy boots.

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by orlagu
I didn't recall any cowboy boots there, but they do make some bal boots and chukkas. Never seen any jodhpur though.
Off-topic: if I hadn't seen your pics/read your profile, I would have thought you were that guy, a 50-sth seems-to-be-a-vet American who resides here for years and always wear cowboy boots.

Nah, man, I'm just another English teacher. But I like to think I know a little more about style than the hundreds of other English teachers here. I'm here for a year, then off to somewhere else. But I'm looking forward to checking this place out for their shoes.

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
By the way, what kind of deposit do these guys expect? Half the price (one shoe)? Also, I don't know how any of you feel on this next question and its aesthetics and moral issues, but do they have any "exotic" leathers, such as ostrich or crocodile? You can get crocodile belts and wallets all over town, since they farm them around here, but I haven't seen any crocodile shoes here. I did see some really expensive ones in a shop in Mui Ne that seemed to cater to Russian Mafiosi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads