• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most Comfortable Casual Sneakers

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
Out of those three I would say Purcells.

I agree with you. I heard thing about Purcells being uncomfortable but I think mine feel really nice. Maybe its particular with feet shape.

mongo615

Reaction score
I think the Varvatos Converse styles seem to have more support than the regular Converse,IMO

sky140885

Reaction score
i got this,
DSC00147.jpg
[/IMG]

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
my old school Simples (which I cant find anywhere in Asia) still hold a special place in my heart as the comfiest sneakers I ever owned. All soft and smushy, they were great.

Athletically speaking, its hard to beat New Balances for structure and support though.

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
New Balance 595 and similar classic style NBs (not really designed for running) are great for those with wider feet. I wore one pair of these for almost 4 years, almost every day. Supremely comfortable.

speedy4500

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead to see if there are any newer recommendations. I spend a lot of time in cities during the summer, as well as going to festivals, parks, etc, and there are many days where I'll be walking for hours.

So I'm looking for sneakers that are comfortable first and foremost, and also lightweight, breathable, durable.... and as far as aesthetics, I prefer simple and sleek. Any suggestions?

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Well, comfort depends on your foot type. I have varvatos purcells and never wear them because they are too narrow (I have standard width feet) and the insole sucks ass. My pf flyer Cousy los kick ass comfort wise. I can walk all day in them.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
You must have the Mexico' 66.
The other classic Tigers model, the Ultimate 81, is so comfortable that apparently many people use it for weightlifting.

I do.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PF Flyers are great. I have a pair of All-Star Los that I wear everyday. I used to wear normal chucks then I wore Purcells and they were in a new world of comfort. I got a pair of PF Flyers and it was another whole new world of comfort.

The soles are finally starting to wear down so they aren't as comfortable anymore but I highly recommend them.

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
I have a pair of Simple "Sno Tire" sneakers that are both super-cheap and super-comfortable.

Isachenko

Reaction score
Reviving thread. Looking for stylish, maybe MMM-ish low-top sneakers, that are really comfortable. Looked at PF Flyers but the retro converse look isn't for me, neither are the pumas or sambas.

I'm waiting on Nike KB's but they can be hit or miss and the design's mediocre anyways. Are Margielas comfortable? Not a fan of the gum soles but like their designs otherwise.

genesis0403

Reaction score
Reviving thread. Looking for stylish, maybe MMM-ish low-top sneakers, that are really comfortable. Looked at PF Flyers but the retro converse look isn't for me, neither are the pumas or sambas.

I'm waiting on Nike KB's but they can be hit or miss and the design's mediocre anyways. Are Margielas comfortable? Not a fan of the gum soles but like their designs otherwise.

i highly recommend new balance 574 grey. the grey color is a bit different from other greys and i find they match with practically any color and look good as well

Isachenko

Reaction score
i highly recommend new balance 574 grey. the grey color is a bit different from other greys and i find they match with practically any color and look good as well

I like the grey design thanks.

Have you worn Nike shoes with lunarlon insoles? Are the New Balance as comfortable or close to it?

genesis0403

Reaction score
I own a lot of shoes to be honest from ferragamos, nikes, new balances, generic surpluses to even MTO dress shoes. The New Balance 574 are actually really comfy. All though its only around $75 it's one of the shoes I value the most. The grey is kind of like light brownish grey if you see it in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads