1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Most Comfortable Casual Sneakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jl24, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

nike air max 1
    not really the thing most talk about here, but the most comfy retro sneaker I own.

2. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

Perforated leather Vans slip-on. No exterior branding. Nice....

3. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Well-Known Member

I heard PF Flyers were nice. My most comfortable shoe would be the Puma Cabana Racer.

4. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

from someone who owns 40 pairs of sneakers at the moment and has owned over 100 others, i think the most comfortable shoe I have is New Balance 577. Next is Air Max 90. Also Air Stabs are really comfortable but not as common.

But for just walking around, I find a perfect fitting leather dress shoe to be just as comfortable.

5. Curious_George

Curious_George Well-Known Member

Jack Purcell? All Stars? Vans?

Out of those three I would say Purcells. I hear the CPs are pretty comfortable. I love my vans, but I recently picked up my first pair of Purcells and I have to say they're softer on my feet (although they're a little tight on the sides due to my wide feet).

6. ruben

ruben Well-Known Member

Are you guys serious about Sambas?

The arch in my is about an 1/2" to an inch to far forward, and they're on the narrow side.

7. j

j Well-Known Member

Sambas are comfy if they fit you right. I mean, they're not New Balances, but yeah, they are pretty good. Any shoes that don't fit your foot right are going to suck.

8. ratboycom

ratboycom Well-Known Member

I have a pair of adidas darogas that are very comfortable.

Those shoes fit beautifully, and are very comfortable. Its like wearing a sock, a sock with super good arch support.

9. interman

interman Active Member

I wouldn't use sambas for workouts involving running, but they're excellent for weight lifting - squats and deadlifts in particular.

10. EdMan

EdMan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use sambas for workouts involving running, but they're excellent for weight lifting - squats and deadlifts in particular.

I would agree with that. I do wear mine to the gym but one time I walked a mile on the track and I could have definitely worn a better choice of shoes.

11. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Well-Known Member

Out of those three I would say Purcells.

I agree with you. I heard thing about Purcells being uncomfortable but I think mine feel really nice. Maybe its particular with feet shape.

12. mongo615

mongo615 Well-Known Member

I think the Varvatos Converse styles seem to have more support than the regular Converse,IMO

13. sky140885

sky140885 Well-Known Member

i got this, [​IMG][/IMG]

14. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

my old school Simples (which I cant find anywhere in Asia) still hold a special place in my heart as the comfiest sneakers I ever owned. All soft and smushy, they were great.

Athletically speaking, its hard to beat New Balances for structure and support though.

15. DoTheGrownup

DoTheGrownup Well-Known Member

New Balance 595 and similar classic style NBs (not really designed for running) are great for those with wider feet. I wore one pair of these for almost 4 years, almost every day. Supremely comfortable.

16. speedy4500

speedy4500 Well-Known Member

Bringing this back from the dead to see if there are any newer recommendations. I spend a lot of time in cities during the summer, as well as going to festivals, parks, etc, and there are many days where I'll be walking for hours.

So I'm looking for sneakers that are comfortable first and foremost, and also lightweight, breathable, durable.... and as far as aesthetics, I prefer simple and sleek. Any suggestions?

17. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Well-Known Member

Well, comfort depends on your foot type. I have varvatos purcells and never wear them because they are too narrow (I have standard width feet) and the insole sucks ass. My pf flyer Cousy los kick ass comfort wise. I can walk all day in them.

18. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

You must have the Mexico' 66.
    The other classic Tigers model, the Ultimate 81, is so comfortable that apparently many people use it for weightlifting.

I do.

19. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Well-Known Member

PF Flyers are great. I have a pair of All-Star Los that I wear everyday. I used to wear normal chucks then I wore Purcells and they were in a new world of comfort. I got a pair of PF Flyers and it was another whole new world of comfort.

The soles are finally starting to wear down so they aren't as comfortable anymore but I highly recommend them.

20. Biggie_Robs

Biggie_Robs Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Simple "Sno Tire" sneakers that are both super-cheap and super-comfortable.