• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most annoying prevalence in fashion

LooksGood

Reaction score
I do not know what they are called, but a lot of guys wear shoes that are brown, usually box toed, that have these random stripes weaving throughout the shoe. It is the ugliest thing someone could possibly wear in public. They would be better off just wearing tube socks.

HughJ

Reaction score
Like these? Not my thing, but I don't have a problem with them.

Chavlad

Reaction score
My main 2 are ties tied "Chunky" and Long Sleeved T-Shirts under Short Sleeved Football ones or Polos, I think. I don't like the later evem more.

billsayers

Reaction score
I cannot stand overly short suit jackets, untucked button down shirt under a suit jacket, pants tucked into boots and cuff links without a tie.

DJosef

Reaction score
Hm what I find most annoying is people wearing plain shirts at the office with suit pants. Without jackets. And I don't mean they took their jackets off because it's really warm, I mean not having a jacket in the first place. And then when I'm the only non-exec outdressing everyone with an odd jacket, it feels really unsettling. :)

I do not know what they are called, but a lot of guys wear shoes that are brown, usually box toed, that have these random stripes weaving throughout the shoe. It is the ugliest thing someone could possibly wear in public. They would be better off just wearing tube socks.

If you are talking about these, I'm guilty as charged. I did use to wear them with jeans and a sports coat in the spring and autumn. I dunno, it feels okay to me.

Last edited:

LooksGood

Reaction score
Hm what I find most annoying is people wearing plain shirts at the office with suit pants. Without jackets. And I don't mean they took their jackets off because it's really warm, I mean not having a jacket in the first place. And then when I'm the only non-exec outdressing everyone with an odd jacket, it feels really unsettling. :)

If you are talking about these, I'm guilty as charged. I did use to wear them with jeans and a sports coat in the spring and autumn. I dunno, it feels okay to me.

"We have a sinner here!" Aw man, that's just awful. Please repeat the following: "I have abandoned my stttttyyyyyleeeeee!"

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there are too many to count. If once a day, I can look at someone and say, "hey that guy looks pretty sharp", its rare.

The huge black square toed loafers with everything from baggy jeans to suits is probably my biggest.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rubbish fabrics that wears like dog's breakfast annoys me the most, people here do get reasonable fitted clothes and shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads