• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most annoying people at the gym...

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kev07
i don't see why any of these should bother you at all
plain.gif

they aren't the smartest people around, but don't bother me

Because I don't tolerate cuntiness well.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Almost none of these people annoy me, except possibly the squat rack curlers as they do present a REAL problem to everyone else.

As an aside I've always wondered at the gym pairs who despite large differences in size and strength use exactly the same weight (ROM obviously varying). They don't bother me though.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Fat people who are not jolly piss me off the most, like the author of the article...

skidsm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oldboy

-people who talk on their cell phones between sets

My office has a small gym in it, so I haven't worked out in a large public gym in years. People really do this now?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the only thing that really annoys me is the people who block up the limited equipment for no good reason - mostly the people who use squat racks for anything but squating.

actually, the other one is people who take the damn clips and hide them, or do what ever with them.

rebenga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Fat people who are not jolly piss me off the most, like the author of the article...

I believe this is Andrea Grimes the author of the article. Looks good to me.

aleeboy

Reaction score
- Older guys who need to prove their manliness by staring you down after they match the weights I'm working with

- Guys who smell like a decaying rat that didn't unload it's last dump of decaying, festering gut filler

- Girls who insist on working out next to me wearing the tightest possible clothing. Really hard to concentrate when they start stretching the hamstrings and doing squats!

- Guys who use the olympic bar with no weight for curls

- Guys who grunt when they're doing 5kg kick backs

- Guys who work in groups of three or more and spend all day in the gym

- People who just do cardio day in and day out who are very skinny

- Trainers who are smaller than you who tell you that you are not doing something correctly

photofabix

Reaction score
I can think of many more annoying people at the gym then whats on that list, here is just a few of such people that are on the top of my list.

- Sleepers: If you need 15 minutes rest or a siesta between each rep, get off the bench or machine and let someone else jump in.

- Grunters and excessive weight lifters: If you find it necessary to lift a small VW please do so with out screaming and or proceed to drop it on the ground after 2 reps and shake the building.

- Lazy people: If you find it necessary to put 8 plates on a bar, please re-rack the weights. Same goes for the dumbbells, ez curl bars and what ever else you where able to drag over.

- Smokers: If you need to go outside and light up after every set, then come back in right next to where I'm working out smelling like an ashtray, please get a home gym.

- Excessive sweaters: Sweating during a workout is great, but I prefer to bath in my own sweat not the person before me, bring a towel and wipe up after your self.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
the dudes who pile on the weights at ever machine/free weight area's and don't take them off when there done. They just walk away and force people to remove what they had on there before.

The guy who seats a gallon of sweat on the bench/machine and doesn't clean it when he's done, even though there are paper towels and solution about 5 feet away on the wall and a sign thats says "Please clean equipment of sweat when your done".

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleeboy
- - Girls who insist on working out next to me wearing the tightest possible clothing. Really hard to concentrate when they start stretching the hamstrings and doing squats!

... We'll just put this in the "why I like going to the gym" thread instead.

SUPER K

Reaction score
shaving in the steam room or sauna, jumping in my lane in the pool, when there are plenty of empty lanes, "visiting" in the locker room(need a sign " Eyes straight ahead, no talking", Cell phones in Pilates, making waves in the cold plunge pool, clear your own table in the snack bar, the annoying ladies in the bar after their tennis league games. ......thanks, I feel better

Elmer

Reaction score
The talkers. People who seem to be there only to socialize. Call me anti-social but I go to work out. I put on my IPod and try to zone out and get through my cardio or lifting without someopne hanging around yakking

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads