1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Most annoying people at the gym...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by JoeWoah, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior member

The people who continuously ask you to "put down" your weight gently after using them.

Im powercleaning. How do you suggest I put that shit down gently?

2. bkk

bkk Senior member

Dudes wearing baseball caps to lift

Please give me another option to:
    a) Wick away sweat from my forehead
    b) Keep my hair from getting in the way.

99% of the time I just need to flip the cap one way or another to get it out of the way of my lift. On overheads, I will take the hat off.

3. bkk

bkk Senior member

And this list is a bit of a fail.

4. rebenga

rebenga Senior member

The author is not a fatty. She's pretty cute actually.

The list is ok. I think she's trying to pick out some of the less obvious stuff.

5. likeitaloud

likeitaloud Senior member

The author is not a fatty. She's pretty cute actually.

The list is ok. I think she's trying to pick out some of the less obvious stuff.

sure she is..

6. James Bond

James Bond Senior member

Please give me another option to: a) Wick away sweat from my forehead b) Keep my hair from getting in the way. 99% of the time I just need to flip the cap one way or another to get it out of the way of my lift. On overheads, I will take the hat off.
    There's actually a piece of apparel designed for exactly those purposes. It's called a headband. Although if you're using it for a specific function, that's better than the dudes with their Yankees hats cocked sideways. Utter, utter cunts.

7. bkk

bkk Senior member

I am aware of that invention called the headband, but I stay away from them because they remind me of Jane Fonda in her workout videos from the 80s. Should I also wear a one-piece spandex jumpsuit and leg warmers? I'm sure everyone would love to see my manhood protruding greatly from my crotch vicinity.... [​IMG]

8. Kev07

Kev07 Well-Known Member

Dudes wearing baseball caps to lift Resolution exercisers who insist on going for the first time during peak hours without knowing how to use any of the equipment That guy who spends 45 minutes doing curl variations, checking for growth between sets
    i don't see why any of these should bother you at all[​IMG] they aren't the smartest people around, but don't bother me my list: people who dont rerack their weights sweat all over the bench curl in the squat rack

9. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

My list (based on what I see in my gym):

The two dudes wearing identical shirts doing synchronized lateral raises in front of the mirror and counting the reps out loudly.

The lady who places a yoga mat inside the power-rack for stretching purposes.

The gay dude who continually and persistently asks for a spot with very light weights and takes every available opportunity to establish physical contact however subtle.

Giant supersetters - Idiots who take up 3 or more stations during peak hours or multiple sets.

Scrawny people spending hours of isolation exercises and checking the mirror ever so often.

Anyone who doesn't observe a minimal level of personal hygiene, especially that fat powerlfiter who pisses and shits in his sweatpants on heavy squats.

The unsolicited "personal trainer" who preys on the uninformed and offers plain bad advice just to satisfy his own ego.

10. Doc4

Doc4 Senior member

1. guys who block the dumbell rack doing curls or whatever.

2. guys who leave their Big Collection Of Stuff (bag, water bottle, towel, note pad, chalk ... ooh we need chalk to lift 50 lbs) on the bench I want to use for, you know, exercising.

3. guys who don't re-rack their weights.

4. Mr. Chatty.

11. James Bond

James Bond Senior member

i don't see why any of these should bother you at all[​IMG]

they aren't the smartest people around, but don't bother me

Because I don't tolerate cuntiness well.

12. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

Almost none of these people annoy me, except possibly the squat rack curlers as they do present a REAL problem to everyone else.

As an aside I've always wondered at the gym pairs who despite large differences in size and strength use exactly the same weight (ROM obviously varying). They don't bother me though.

13. likeitaloud

likeitaloud Senior member

Fat people who are not jolly piss me off the most, like the author of the article...

14. skidsm

skidsm Senior member

-people who talk on their cell phones between sets

My office has a small gym in it, so I haven't worked out in a large public gym in years. People really do this now?

15. greg_atlanta

greg_atlanta Senior member

16. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

the only thing that really annoys me is the people who block up the limited equipment for no good reason - mostly the people who use squat racks for anything but squating.

actually, the other one is people who take the damn clips and hide them, or do what ever with them.

17. rebenga

rebenga Senior member

Fat people who are not jolly piss me off the most, like the author of the article...

I believe this is Andrea Grimes the author of the article. Looks good to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

- Older guys who need to prove their manliness by staring you down after they match the weights I'm working with

- Guys who smell like a decaying rat that didn't unload it's last dump of decaying, festering gut filler

- Girls who insist on working out next to me wearing the tightest possible clothing. Really hard to concentrate when they start stretching the hamstrings and doing squats!

- Guys who use the olympic bar with no weight for curls

- Guys who grunt when they're doing 5kg kick backs

- Guys who work in groups of three or more and spend all day in the gym

- People who just do cardio day in and day out who are very skinny

- Trainers who are smaller than you who tell you that you are not doing something correctly

19. photofabix

photofabix Senior member

I can think of many more annoying people at the gym then whats on that list, here is just a few of such people that are on the top of my list.

- Sleepers: If you need 15 minutes rest or a siesta between each rep, get off the bench or machine and let someone else jump in.

- Grunters and excessive weight lifters: If you find it necessary to lift a small VW please do so with out screaming and or proceed to drop it on the ground after 2 reps and shake the building.

- Lazy people: If you find it necessary to put 8 plates on a bar, please re-rack the weights. Same goes for the dumbbells, ez curl bars and what ever else you where able to drag over.

- Smokers: If you need to go outside and light up after every set, then come back in right next to where I'm working out smelling like an ashtray, please get a home gym.

- Excessive sweaters: Sweating during a workout is great, but I prefer to bath in my own sweat not the person before me, bring a towel and wipe up after your self.

20. gboyle138

gboyle138 Active Member

Squat rack curlers.

Amen.