• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More pictures of Corthay shoes

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sooo nice. Corthay's shoes are definitely must-haves if you like the sleek look. They are definitely my 3rd favorite thing from France, just a bit after fries and Melissa Thueuriau.

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday

Do you think the toecap is sponged during the dying process? How is this effect created?

I think it is done during finishing. With terpentine you can apparently draw the dye out of the leather to create this effect.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Stil,

What is Corthay's RTW collection like at their Paris store? Just curious whether they have a pretty comprehensive selection of RTW.

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Corthay is a very small firm, they don't have a big stock. You couldn't just go there with a specific model in a certain colour in mind and expect them to have your pair ready. I have large feet (size 12) and when I first visited them they only had one pair in that size in stock.
They are however, very helpful and flexible and will make you the pair you want to order without extra costs. Whilst this would mean about half a year waiting time with other firms, Corthay will have your pair ready in about 4 weeks.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jenesequa
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads