• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More interesting polos

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the button-front polos. They're like normal s/s shirts, but made of pique. Raf for FP had a few in solid colors, and I also noticed two from Jil Sander during the Gilt sale.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure.

I'm thinking about getting one of the black and / or navy ones, for summer.

The buttons are awesome.

What are the tee's like? Thick or thin?

I wanted to get say a half dozen in the grey.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armani Exchange Everyone hates on them, but my favorite and most interesting polos are from Armani Exchange. I just a couple on sale, marked down to $20 from $68. They use interesting textured fabrics, and have neat details everywhere. I think most people are turned off by the models they use, who wear them a little too tight. They fit me well (I wear a small, and am 5"7" and 125lbs). Nice and slim in the arms, and a straight cut in the body. Collars can be a little large, but I like them
smile.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome.

W+H quality is crazy awesome.

I'll have to pick a stack up, either from the SS sales or during the FW intakes.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That nautical-looking J. Crew polo from Zissou's most recent fit was great. Anyone know where to get something similar?

3633626360_cf3540eced_o.jpg

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to try on the fred perry polo shirts, but none of them fit particularly well. They were too big pretty much everywhere beside the length. The Comme de garcons for Fred Perry was slightly better, but still not great. With ralph lauren polos I wear a boys large 16/18. Are there any brands that make polos that slim?

Bullitt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I went to try on the fred perry polo shirts, but none of them fit particularly well. They were too big pretty much everywhere beside the length. The Comme de garcons for Fred Perry was slightly better, but still not great. With ralph lauren polos I wear a boys large 16/18. Are there any brands that make polos that slim?

Did you try their Laurel Line or their Made in Japan polos? They are more fitted.

aizan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji

i tried a pair of ralph lauren boys large 16/18 last year. the chest fit perfectly, but the sleeves and shirt length were too short for me. since then, i've found that extra small raf simons polos fit me perfectly in all respects. south willard still has them in charcoal; i have a pair in blue.

seamless74

Reaction score
I think the whole polo thing I mean its all about Fred Perry and Penguin as far as im concerned

I've never heard anyone complain about Fred Perry sizing or Penguin for that matter theyre absolutely perfect if theyre too baggy on you your either anorexic or not sizing down.. Fred Perry polos are the absolute best polos made......

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seamless74
I think the whole polo thing I mean its all about Fred Perry and Penguin as far as im concerned

I've never heard anyone complain about Fred Perry sizing or Penguin for that matter theyre absolutely perfect if theyre too baggy on you your either anorexic or not sizing down.. Fred Perry polos are the absolute best polos made......

Truth, I wear most polos in S (shrunk in the dryer as well) but I bought a FP polo at Nordstrom's Rack awhile back in S, and it shrunk down a ton in the dryer. I would need a Medium for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads