• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monti Prince Rose collection from MyTailor

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Monti Prince Rose collection offered by MyTailor? I found some swatches I liked.

How does it compare to the Mason Silverline?

neyus

Reaction score
No I haven't but it sounds interesting!!

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of shirts from the Tessitura Monti Prince Rose books and think very highly of them. They compare favourably to the Thomas Mason shirts I own. It there are any particular designs you enjoy out of the Prince Rose books I wouldn't hesitate to order them. You won't regret it.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
comparable fabric.
Assuming that the goods are still being made in Italy.
Monti has a huge investment in India.
I have heard that the quality from India is good. but then you end up paying Monti Italy price for Monti made in India. but that is the routine these days.
Carl

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Prince Rose books are made in Italy. Prince Rose is to Monti what Lexus is to Toyota.

It is only on larger orders of the mainstream offerings from Monti which are being outsourced. My shirtmaker said Turkey rather India. He has had an account with them for ages, and the majority of the shirtings he has on offer in-store come from them. I ordered a shirt as I liked the cloth and only afterwards found out it was woven in Turkey.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Monti's investment is in India.
They also have a partnership in a shirt factory as well in India.
I am not aware of Monti working in Turkey. I use a lot of fabric from the turkish mill Soktas.
Carl

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My shirtmaker said that it is a well kept secret that if you order >250m of a shirting from them they will weave it in Turkey. Any less than that and it will be woven in Italy. However, he says it is pretty hard to pick which is which these days, after some initial teething troubles with quality control. He says he knows this only because he is a long standing customer of theirs and buys a lot of their fabrics. Actually, he also said they would kill him if the info was leaked....
uhoh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads