• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mid-20s male, week-long vacation with friends in late September

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the most salient bits of information are in the thread title. I'll be going on vacation with some friends near the end of September. We are guys in our mid-twenties. Where would you suggest going? I've lived the majority of my life on the East Coast, but now find myself on the West Coast (near San Francisco). The goal of the trip is just to have fun and spend time with my friends, who I don't get to see often. Vegas? LA? Miami? San Diego?

If this were you, where would you go? What would you do? Appreciate the suggestions!

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you like to do? I would visit Portland and/or Seattle. A week in Vegas is too long, 3 nights is max for me.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
is this a road trip?

FunLovinStyle

Reaction score
Hard to say without knowing anything about you. Do you prefer cities or countryside? Indoors or outdoors?

I'll just guess that since you've been on the east coast and now you're on the west coast, you wouldn't mind getting away from civilization for a bit.

I think it would be great to check out some of the national parks, such as Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Canyonlands, Arches NP, the Grand Canyon, etc. Rent a jeep or a convertible or some other cool car, drive around these places, do some hiking, recreate some Indiana Jones scenes, maybe go camping for a night or two, find a place to ride a horse, stuff like that.

Or, visit bat country: steal a red '71 impala convertible and floor it from Barstow to Vegas.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Spend a few days in Miami and then hit the Florida Keys. A week in Vegas is too much unless you plan to take some side trips to the Grand Canyon and whatnot. A week in South Beach will leave you broke and/or soulless.

The Keys have Duval Street (the High Street), lobster diving, reef diving, charter fishing, beaches, etc.

Paul Evans

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I second Miami, if you happen to like the beach and beautiful women.

Check out Montreal if you are looking for something different. Easy to get to if you are on the East Coast.

Royal42

Reaction score
Montreal would be an absolute waste of time. Truly overrated.

Myrtle Beach.

Rent out a condo/beach house across the street from the beach and then go play golf, hang on the beach, go-cart if you're feeling a bit childish, check out broadway at the beach, barefoot landing, etc. Just a good time. Not crazy Hangover-style, but definitely more bang for your buck.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would stay away from Florida this time of the year: rainy humid incredibly hot and full of fat tourists.

Go to islands off CA coast.

Last edited:

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
USTIN TEXAS!!! It's full of hot chicks, great food, great weather, and there's a lake with boats and more hot chicks! There are great bars and great music. You'll have a blast, trust me!

manjpusa

Reaction score
i agree with you,visit bat country: steal a red '71 impala convertible and floor it from Barstow to Vegas.
18.gif

Last edited:

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AUSTIN TEXAS!!! It's full of hot chicks, great food, great weather, and there's a lake with boats and more hot chicks! There are great bars and great music. You'll have a blast, trust me!

The weather in Austin is terrible.

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
The weather in Austin is terrible.
Well if you consider hot, dry, sunny weather terrible, then I guess so! I mean, not that most people spend their vacations standing out in the sun all day... once you go in the shade it's nice (you know the old saying ITS A DRY HEAT!), and of course you are blasted with A/C when you walk into most establishments, right before they serve you ice cold sangria margaritas. Did I mention the lakes, perfect for hot weather? Bah humbug back at ya!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads