• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan v. Ohio State: Will they meet twice this year?

mrpologuy

Reaction score
My year would be made if U of M beats Ohio State. I would rather see us win on a last second miracle play then blow them out. My only regret is that Kirk is broadcasting the game. I hope Breaston puts on a big show. Go Blue!!!!

What do you call someone who is not smart enough to get into U of M?

A buckeye!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought if you lived in Ohio and had a heartbeat you were automatically admited. Why is HERBstreit calling this game? ABC should have done whatever it would've taken to get Keith Jackson in the booth for this game. I like Musberger, but could you imagine the MEEEECHIGAN of Keith Jackson as Breaston scores the winning touchdown and the look on HERBstreit's face?

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beckwith
I thought if you lived in Ohio and had a heartbeat you were automatically admited.

If you are talking about OSU, then everything about this statement is true, except, of course, the part about living in Ohio.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I was talking about OSU, isn't it some kind of land grant school?

Q: Why do Ohio State grads drive with their degree on their dash?
A: So they can park in the handicapped spaces.

Q: What did the Ohio State graduate say to the Michigan graduate?
A: "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order, please?"

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Why do birds fly upside down over OSU?

It's not worth crapping on.

Two OSU students are in a car. Who is driving?

The police.

What do you call an OSU student with 2 brain cells?

Pregnant.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike

Reaction score
This just in- Former U of M coach Bo Schembechler died this morning after collapsing in a television studio, preparing to tape Big Ten Ticket. He was 77.

Hopefully my Wolverines will kick some serious ass for him tomorrow.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
If this isn't a win one for our old coach game then I don't know what is. Go Blue!!!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be Rutgers and OSU playing for the championship this year fools.

EDIT: Woah, after I just typed that, I thought to myself "man, who would've thought that someone can say that Rutgers will be playing for a national title, and actually have some possibility of it being true. If someone said that before the beginning of the season, people would have called him crazy."

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I thought Rutgers still had to play West Virginia. It iwll be hard to shut that offense down. I am expecting Rutgers to lose that game.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity of meeting Bo in 1969 in his office. I accompanied my teacher in the visit and just sat quietly in the shadows. He scared the living daylights out of me.

I had met him a few other times, but he really did not know me, but always acted as if he did. (He did that with everyone.)

At the funeral of my teacher, I was asked to read a scripture lesson. Bo was one of the eulogists. In the sacristy of the church, I was in a corner quietly going over the reading. Bo asked me what I was doing. When I told him, he said, "Read it to me." I did. It was the passage declaring that "death has no sting" and cannot harm us anymore. When I was done, he said, after a moment of silence, "Yeah. You know, that stuff is right!"

Tomorrow is not about who goes to the National Championship game. It is the football game the day after Bo died.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
OSU for sartorial reasons.

Those blue and maize uniforms are just plain nasty.

rassannassar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Tomorrow is not about who goes to the National Championship game. It is the football game the day after Bo died.
I am as big an Ohio State fan as there ever was, and I am truly sad the Bo Schembechler died, i really am, but you can't start to think of it that way. If this game is only a game the day after Bo Schembechler died, then clearly you've forgotten what else it means. What it means to the future of the team. I'm pretty sure Bo would want that to be remembered. Oh, and I don't think it matters who wins the game (I mean it does, and I want the Buckeyes to win of course) but I really don't think the other team in the National Championship game could beat either of these two teams. Basically, I'm pretty sure that the winner of The Game will end up winning the National Championship Game And I don't want anybody to take this the wrong way, really I don't. But does anyone find it at all ironic that Bo Schembechler died the day before what is probably going to be the biggest Ohio State v. Michigan game to date?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
I might be wrong but I thought Rutgers still had to play West Virginia. It iwll be hard to shut that offense down. I am expecting Rutgers to lose that game.

Everyone expected Rutgers to lose the Louisville game too...

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I didn't expect Rutgers to lose that game. Lousiville doesn't know how to play defense. They just outscore people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads