• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Jeffries, CEO of Abercrombi, makes top 10 CEO salaries '08

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constantine.
story.jpg

there's some weird **** going on with his face.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
610x.jpg

Originally Posted by mulansauce
He once looked almost normal:
GAPCEO_-_02_14_2007_-_4313835_06-12-08_C8_M4AFI28.jpg

are all these three photos of the same creature?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've always appreciated how Abercrombie's catalogs and advertisements used fairly homoerotic imagery to sell plain clothing to many homophobic men. Of course not all male A&F customers are homophobic - especially the dudes who live in Chelsea - but my experience of going to college in Central Pennsylvania leads me to believe that plenty of them are. That's pretty subversive.

Everything else about it is highly representative of what's wrong with retailing and the apparel industry. This maniac's excessive salary is just the icing on the cake. According to this, Ruehl and all the people it employed had a loss of $58 million.
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/..._fitch_to.html

They could have taken that out of his salary, and he'd still have 13 million to kick around for one of the worst years retail has ever posted.

Disgusting.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
In more ways than one. I remember a business report about how AF's lack of sales made them reconsider their sales rep policies. Apparently AF tells their in-store sales reps to intentionally look-down on customers according to some logic that if customers are made to feel lower than the people selling the clothes the customers will want to buy AF that much more in order to feel 'on their level of coolness'.

This attitude was certainly implicit in comments he made in his Salon interview:

"As far as Jeffries is concerned, America's unattractive, overweight or otherwise undesirable teens can shop elsewhere. 'In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids,' he says. 'Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.'"

- http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/200...es/index1.html

Of course, being an unpopular person with no friends and an unfortunate appearance, it's little wonder I've never found anything that interests me in A&F. Still, my problems with A&F have less to do with the sales reps than with the lighting and the fact that I have to fight my way through potted plants to get from one side of the store to the other. The most attitude I've gotten from one of the sales reps is when I wandered into Ambercrombie (sans Fitch) and the clerk informed me, "This is for... um... little kids." My God, how I wished I had then said "Hey, I'm all about that!"

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
They could have taken that out of his salary, and he'd still have 13 million to kick around for one of the worst years retail has ever posted. Disgusting.
His actual "salary" was $1.5 million. The bulk of that $71 million was stock options. But yes, he is indeed disgusting.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The store is mostly useless, but : I can surely appreciate the fact that they are so intentional about introducing slim-fitting ("muscle") shirts to american mainstream so preoccupied with ill-fitting, baggy clothing.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boozingalcoholic
hmmm...i would def trade places for that 71 mil. Guy has it all figured out.
Except how he should put on his human suit in the morning apparently.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
This attitude was certainly implicit in comments he made in his Salon interview:

"As far as Jeffries is concerned, America's unattractive, overweight or otherwise undesirable teens can shop elsewhere. 'In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids,' he says. 'Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.'"

- http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/200...es/index1.html

Of course, being an unpopular person with no friends and an unfortunate appearance, it's little wonder I've never found anything that interests me in A&F. Still, my problems with A&F have less to do with the sales reps than with the lighting and the fact that I have to fight my way through potted plants to get from one side of the store to the other. The most attitude I've gotten from one of the sales reps is when I wandered into Ambercrombie (sans Fitch) and the clerk informed me, "This is for... um... little kids." My God, how I wished I had then said "Hey, I'm all about that!"

His head is so far up his AZZ from all those nightly AZZfuckings that he doesn't realize it's the lame ugly wannabes who want to fit in badly that makes his sales what they are.
facepalm.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I would love to see them re-instate, or maybe go the levis xx route and turn over their archives/etc to a group dedicated to bringing back the brand my grandfather remembers... omega watches, safari coats, et cetera.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads