• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MensUSA.COM, Los Angeles - Bad Experience

JamesT

Reaction score
Does anyone know what does this means?
confused.gif

"MensUSA.com offers High Quality Men's Wear at Wholesale Prices Concepts to public Online at 1/2 ond 1/3 of the prices of our other website called WWW.MensITALY.com"

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised people are receiving different styles/colors to what they're ordering - I went through a couple of product categories, and there's a whole bunch of photos cribbed directly from Hickey Freeman, Bluefly, Sierra Trading Post, some ShoptheFinest auctions, International Male (!), and on and on.

I guess if you order one, they just take "generic gray suit" off the top of the pile, and send you that.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesT
Does anyone know what does this means?
confused.gif

"MensUSA.com offers High Quality Men's Wear at Wholesale Prices Concepts to public Online at 1/2 ond 1/3 of the prices of our other website called WWW.MensITALY.com"

It means this (from the same site):
ALREADY SELLING?
THEN WE ARE YOUR NEW SOURCE!
If you already sell Men's apparel, you'll make more money selling our suits because you can show our MensItaly.com website to your customers. Our Same products on SuitUSA.com at wholesale price to public is on sale on MensItaly.com at retail price with double and triple profit margin ... And it is more profitable for you.
In other words they have a sham site (mensITALY.com) set up so they can show a prospective buyer the same crappy suit at 2x or 3x the mensUSA price tag, thus convincing said buyer that he is getting a "deal".

And they invite you to get in on the scam too.

That tells me all I need to know about the character of these businesspeople. I would avoid them like the plague.
plain.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I fully expect to have a whiny, threatening, poorly-worded email in my inbox complaining about this thread by tomorrow morning. Carry on.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What monster wears a size 70?

Occasionally, when I feel like really dressing up, I'll throw a sportcoat on my "little man." He wears a 70 (84 Euro).

Seriously, I am dubious of this entire thread. This whole Fedora complaint sounds awfully fishy to me. I'm not entirely defending MensUSA; their BBB file reads like my college transcript. Nonetheless, why is it that some random dude would sign up for StyleForum and his second post is some random assault on a site nobody on here would go to anyways? Why does it make any sense for any salesman in any store to be such a blatant idiot? And how/why, so immediately after this post is made, would this Michael Dade guy have found it?

I'm not saying I know what's going on here, but I am saying it smells like fish.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe it's a scam for MensCHINA.com where they can say "look at other website's bad reputation!! order from us nike bape supreme dunks"

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
It means this (from the same site):

In other words they have a sham site (mensITALY.com) set up so they can show a prospective buyer the same crappy suit at 2x or 3x the mensUSA price tag, thus convincing said buyer that he is getting a "deal".

And they invite you to get in on the scam too.

That tells me all I need to know about the character of these businesspeople. I would avoid them like the plague.
plain.gif

a quick easywhois search shows:

mensitaly.com forward lookup: 69.13.191.239
Geographical location: Dallas TX United States

www.mensitaly.com forward lookup: 69.13.191.239

mensusa.com forward lookup: 69.13.191.238
Geographical location: Dallas TX United States

www.mensusa.com forward lookup: 69.13.191.238

now isn't that a coincidence...

-Jeff

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I now pronounce you "Suit Nazi"
image1507.jpg
Can't you at least resize the head proportionately?

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the most entertaining thread this week. I'm a long-time lurker and I find it hilarious when stores post on here trying to act like they are some random satisfied customer who just decided to come to this website to brag. Its priceless.

fedoragent

Reaction score
I got off the phone with a friend of mine up in San Francisco, and he's bought some suits in Supers from them. Had I known that, being that I love Worsteds and Gabs, I would have never gone in.

FG.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously though, Fedoragent, I don't get it. You consider yourself a fan of fine mens suits and you buy from sites like this (and multiple suits from your comments)? What do you consider your requirements for a suit that you would buy?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads