• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mens wallets

Tanya

Reaction score
Which type of wallets will be better in daily use?
1.Money clip
2. Slim Wallet
3. Phone Case Wallet
I want to buy a gift for boyfriend.

What do u think?
https://olpr.com/product-category/wallets/

Thanks

Premium-Wallet-Dublin-Cobalt2.jpg

Black-Leather-Square-Wallet-2-250x250.jpg

kazusano

Reaction score
What does he currently use? Buy him a new version of that. Speaking as someone to whom it’s happened, it’s annoying to be given a “gift” of a different kind of wallet (in my case, a slim wallet to replace the binder clip i was using as a clip) because that person thinks it’s better/nicer/more appropriate.

Tanya

Reaction score
What does he currently use? Buy him a new version of that. Speaking as someone to whom it’s happened, it’s annoying to be given a “gift” of a different kind of wallet (in my case, a slim wallet to replace the binder clip i was using as a clip) because that person thinks it’s better/nicer/more appropriate.

You are absolutely right. Now he doesn't use a wallet at all. But he told me he would like to get one. That is why I need to choose)

PaulyMaz

Reaction score

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanya - the big thing to avoid is the big bifold or trifold wallets that dads and graddads wore - you could see the outline of that wallet on every pair of pants they owned :). Today, you see that outline on ladies/men who carry their cell in the back pocket and sit with it there (it's the sitting that really presses the phone against the pants causing the outline to be marked). Since he's just starting out with a wallet it's good to start the good habit of being minimalist. That way the wallet can be worn in the front pocket. The one posted above is nice. Myself, I use a Mitchell Money Clip. Especially if it uses cash it's nice because you don't have to pull out the whole 'collection' of cash like you do with the Littleton design.
https://mitchell-leather.com/collections/money-clip-wallets
The wallets can be ordered WITHOUT the logo - so don't be put off by that - mine doesn't have a logo on it.
In either case these types of wallets force the person to only keep a small amount of cards/cash so it doesn't make an unsightly bulge in the pocket.

stylishccw

Reaction score
Lot of solid options in here... I personally use a mix of wallets and money clips, depending on where I'm going and what I need to bring.

If I'm bringing cash and a variety of cards, then usually a wallet works best.. Reduces the chances of anything falling out. If I'm going somewhere and I only need to bring some cash and a few cards, then I'll use the money clip (they save space in your pocket and don't usually bulge out).

I did recently get a CF money clip, which is he's into cars, he would probably like... I got mine from https://72carbon.com - and it has a lifetime warranty. We will see how that goes.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he wears a coat all/most of the time I would recommend a coat wallet personally. I transitioned to one recently and will never go back. The one i've posted is from a British company called Ettinger. Their leather is really top of the line and the wallets are beautiful.

A pro of this wallet as well - the pockets on the left allow receipts, cash, etc to lay flat so the wallet never bulks up. Plus they are deep enough wehre you can have the paper in there w/o it sticking out and looking messy.
20190531_104316.jpg
20190531_104830.jpg

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YusufP

Reaction score
I personally think a more 'everyday use' kind of men's wallet would be a leather iPhone wallet case. If he's only carrying cards and some notes, and he'd already be carrying his phone around, it just means one less bulky item in his pocket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads